Monitor 40 Crossover access and cap values?

HI guys,
I have built speakers for years with some expensive drivers and ended up liking and buying several sets of Polk monitors. I tripped over a thread about replacing the caps in the XO's just in time: I was about to sell a whole range of quality caps for giveaway prices. First, how do I get access to the XO without wrecking the speakers, and what cap values do I need and how many per box? Other components like resistors need to be upgraded? Thanks! Shovel99

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2018
    I'm guessing, but pretty sure. Remove the binding post plate to access the crossovers. The values are printed on the components.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Went looking for the schematic... The monitor series (not M series) are not listed in the vintage section, so some exploratory surgery is in order.
  • shovel99
    shovel99 Posts: 2
    Thanks guys, sheepish grin, xo's right there behind binding post screws. I think i will just leave them as is. Is there a significant acoustic improvement in upgrading to TSI 200 model? Improved drivers or XO's? Thanks