Daylight Savings Time is here!

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    It's one of a couple can't miss shows for me. I blame the whole thing on the stupid Daylight Savings Time change. I think it was 34 degrees outside, but the snow came down fast, hard and sticky. If we hadn't changed the clocks forward an hour, the snow would have stopped and started to melt by the time the show started and there would have been no issue. Because of the time change, I missed 20 minutes of my show. Then when the show replayed later that night, it started snowing again, and I lost the signal all over again. Now I have to wait until next Sunday at 8 for a replay. My whole week is off now. It's the little things that get to me.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Not sure if Lucy can fix all of Hermitism's ills. :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Dude, you can probably watch on amc on demand...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2018
    rooftop59 wrote: »

The Hermit doesnt do AMC on Demand... he's still rolling on 56k modem dialup from AOL Online...

He's gotta save his money for tinfoil hats, larrys racks and his bomb shelter 30 year supply of MRE's :smile:

P.S. I also hate this. It was so much easier when we (except for the southern and northern counties near Central time) didnt change time at all.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

rpw3ooknapge.png

oops, wrong AMC...

jeepers -- next thing you know, I'll be posting precious pug pictures!

;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    More daylight ? F1NUT must be pissed... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    I tried doing that before a couple years ago and when you go to their website to view an episode, they ask you to choose your provider and log in, but Dish isn't on the list. I suspect it has something to do with the dispute they had with Dish awhile back. So I read your post just now, went to AMC's website and was going to take a screen shot of the list of providers and guess what? Dish is now listed. I climbed on a rooftop in the snow, and was now given great advice by someone called rooftop. Everything is right with the world today. I thank you, sir.
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2018
    Hermitism wrote: »
    ... So I read your post just now, went to AMC's website and was going to take a screen shot of the list of providers and guess what? Dish is now listed. I climbed on a rooftop in the snow, and was now given great advice by someone called rooftop. Everything is right with the world today. I thank you, sir.

https://youtu.be/gQjySCbG0qY

;)
  • Hermitism
    If they ever had a version of the game show Jeopardy based on nothing but movie clips, you'd be the Ken Jennings of "Movie Clip Jeopardy"!

"What is...That's what you call ironic from the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean"

"You are correct."
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2018
    by which you mean, "I knew that was coming!", right? :)

When our kids were in early double-digit ages, dinner table conversations at our house often consisted of little more than catchphrases and quotations of various kinds. Kids & I enjoyed it -- not sure Mrs. H was all that pleased, though. :p

I would opine, FWIW, that one could worse than to memorize the entire body of Calvin &
    Hobbes
    cartoons and quote them (even randomly) when circumstances warrant.

A little like that gardener, Chance, in Being There, you know? :)

https://youtu.be/FcPQ9gww_qc
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Apache warrior: "Only the white man would think you could cut 6" off the bottom of a blanket, and sew it to the top---and end up with a longer blanket."

This why Arizona doesn't participate. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
    edited March 2018
    Daylight Savings Time day 3. Fully recovered!
    The 1st Monday after DST is always a bit rough. Lost an hour sleep on Sunday, stay up later than I should, back to work on Monday. Rough.
    But today is Tuesday, recovery complete. Love the daylight hours extended into the evening. Spring is nigh! Time to play with the toys!
    sj6sg55tk7z2.jpg
    xalpn7l8unft.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Love it or hate it (I happen to love this time of the year), it's time!
    qx95mcq6867s.png
    Winter is nearly over, time to get the toys out, warm weather, and emerge from hibernation! :smile:
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    verb wrote: »
    Love it or hate it (I happen to love this time of the year), it's time!
    qx95mcq6867s.png
    Winter is nearly over, time to get the toys out, warm weather, and emerge from hibernation! :smile:

Well that’s just great.... one more hour every day for the virus to kill us off....!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I wish we would get rid of Daylight Saving Time. It is no longer needed, and serves no useful purpose.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    They voted to allow those nincompoops in Sacramento to change it, they did nothing but ban straws.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I wish we would get rid of Daylight Saving Time. It is no longer needed, and serves no useful purpose.

Said the Retiree ;)

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    This is a personal holiday each year for me. Push the time ahead 1 hour and leave it alone.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • verb
    muncybob wrote: »
    This is a personal holiday each year for me. Push the time ahead 1 hour and leave it alone.

Yep. Personal for me too. Time for forget about the drudgery of winter, and anticipate the joys of warm weather! :smile:
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    “Which explains why Arizona doesn't do DST.”

Except on the reservation!
  • verb
    edited March 2020
    I'm always so jealous of you folks that live in the southern states! My jealousy deepens during the winter. Come spring, all is forgotten! :smile:
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Woo! Hoo! Us working folk can actually have some daylight after work now.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I personally enjoy the extra daylight into the evening.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Woo! Hoo! Us working folk can actually have some daylight after work now.

A few weeks ago I got my work schedule changed to start an hour earlier for just this reason....luvin' it.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    At last my car clock and phone clock will have the correct time. :)

Your phone doesn't change automatically?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Nightfall wrote: »
    At last my car clock and phone clock will have the correct time. :)

Your phone doesn't change automatically?

No. I am talking about a landline, not a smart phone.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.