Control Your Jealousy, nbrowser.

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    verb wrote: »
    I have multiple copies of common tools throughout. Garage, Basement, Shed, and Truck. Saves a lot of time running around.

I only have one Muffler Bearing Extractor though! :smiley:

Mmmm.
    That can present a challenge on vehicles with dual exhaust systems.
  • mhardy6647
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I was also very happy to have a complete set of metric screwdrivers when I had to replace the crakometer on my '77 Datsun pickup. Mine were from Binford Tools

Did you buy them from Jill?

grwa85mijyej.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I was also very happy to have a complete set of metric screwdrivers when I had to replace the crakometer on my '77 Datsun pickup. Mine were from Binford Tools
    Nothing quite as effective for bolt extraction as a Hemi powered impact wrench.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    lightman1 wrote: »
    My toolbox has six tyres and cost $140,00 USD. It has 6.7 Cummins to propel it from A to B...
    Didn't they force you to convert that rig to Unicorn far ts?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    My toolbox has six tyres and cost $140,00 USD. It has 6.7 Cummins to propel it from A to B...
    Didn't they force you to convert that rig to Unicorn far ts?

Nope, they converted it to run on only the purest high proof Alcohol....

just like Russ :smiley:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    Nothing quite as effective for bolt extraction as a Hemi powered impact wrench.

Yeah, but a Hemi-powered siren trumps even that. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Air-raid_Siren
    http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/chryslers-cold-warrior

eux05h0gl1l3.png

138 dB SPL @ 100 feet.

s71fxk8pg4tr.png

igz1qnxykt6y.png

much cooler than some sissy pick up truck. :|

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    And here I am with a Craftsman Rally Box that was a Christmas gift when I was 16, a Stack-On rolling cabinet and top chest I got from Pep Boys when I was working there and a rolling work cart with a flip top, 3 drawers and a rack for long stuff that my brother got for me from Horror Fraught when he worked there. Everything else is in workbenches that I found at yard sales or just getting tossed so I grabbed them and fixed them up. Shelves and cabinets are a box of screws and a visit to a lumber yard.

I never got the genital wagging of the massive tool boxes like that. Half those boxes are just lockers where you can put your lunch and hang your coat(s). Also, unless you own the shop, if you showed up with that menagerie on day 1 of a new job, you're get on the poo list right quick with your flamboyant display of debt.

I knew one guy who had a box set close to that. Not exactly like it but close to it. Maybe about 3/4ths the size. It was so big and heavy that when he moved jobs, he had to rent a box truck with a lift gate to move it. Most lift gates couldn't lift it in one shot either. He needed to break it up in two or three chunks.

He worked at the diesel shop I worked at and he got fired for taking stuff and selling it. Stuff like supplies (cleaning solvents, filters, paper towels, poo paper, etc) or just hand pumping oil out of the storage tank so it didn't show up on our meter so we knew when we needed to get more engine oil (32 trucks, we used a bunch of oil). The day the boss decided to fire him, he changed the locks on everything after the guy left for the day. (his name was Dwayne and we used to sing "Dwayne drops keep fallin' on mah head..." every time he screwed up and we had to hear the boss' mouth about it. He hated it and use to rage and throw stuff when we did it) The next morning he came back, couldn't get in with his key. Raised holy heck and came back with the cops saying we stole his tools. Cops got the whole story from the boss and asked the boss to come up with a solution that didn't involve arrest paperwork for them. Boss offered to move his tools where ever he wanted. Guy said he needed to go get a truck. Boss said to give him an hour and he'd be ready to go.

We welded loops to the bottom of one of the dumspters (boss also ran a trash company which is where the 32 trucks we maintained were from) and rolled his boxes into the dumpster, strapped them down and hauled the dumpster up on a rolloff. Called the guy, said he was ready to go and just give him an address. When we showed up at the address in a Mack Trucks Granite rolloff with a 20 yard dumpster on the back loaded with tool boxes, he about lost his excrement. We dropped the dumpster, unloaded the boxes and yanked the dumpster back up on the truck. The shop foreman said to him "Boss said to give you this. I think it's your last paycheck." Dude opens it, it's his last check and a note that said something about taking out the trash and a bill for the dumpster rental.

The paycheck was probably only half a pay period since we got paid every 2 weeks and he got canned in the first week of a pay period. If that's the case and the boss charged him the full one-day rental which included recovery/dumping fees then he probably had a negative amount on his paycheck with an invoice for a few more dollars over that. Like if his paycheck was $1492.00 but the bill for the dumpster was $1500, the boss was enough of a jerk to give him a zero'ed out paycheck with the $1500 fee for the dumpster listed for tax purposes and the invoice would have been for an extra $8 to cover what his last paycheck didn't.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I could never understand the costs of those boxes. Maybe it's worth the investment if that's your profession, but for the average joe.....you'd have to be nuts to fork out the cash for those things.

With the cost of those boxes, plus filling them with tools, your at new car kinda money. If your at new car kinda money, you don't need to fix the old one, right ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    msg wrote: »
    Doubles as a straitjacket
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Yikes, at is quite a toolbox. I feel ashamed that I keep all my tools in one of those nice Klein tool bags, if you know what I’m talking about...
    puo62cpy1pyz.jpg
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Its a murse

Exactly. It’s a murse. I don’t think it’s a straitjacket though, I’ll try to put it on and follow up... actually, if I don’t come back, you know it worked.