Control Your Jealousy, nbrowser.

$62,000 Snap-On. Holy f... moly.

usdfswx507l01.jpg
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I never understood the need to spend that much on tools... I get you need them for work, specialty stuff and all, but sockets, screwdrivers and the core tools can be had through other sources MUCH cheaper than the Snap On man.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I think that's a port-a-john on the far right side.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    2 questions........How do you move something like that when it's time to change jobs? Also what are the comps the snapon company gives their poster child at Christmas time?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Is that a sleeper cab on top?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    I never understood the need to spend that much on tools... I get you need them for work, specialty stuff and all, but sockets, screwdrivers and the core tools can be had through other sources MUCH cheaper than the Snap On man.

It's a hobby, much like audio. People think we are crazy for what we spend, look at it from the outsiders perspective. It think it's crazy too to spend that much on tools, but everyone has a hobby/passion, etc.

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    heiney9 wrote: »

It's a hobby, much like audio. People think we are crazy for what we spend, look at it from the outsiders perspective. It think it's crazy too to spend that much on tools, but everyone has a hobby/passion, etc.

Certifiable Heiney9!
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I’m sure it has all those crazy angle drivers needed to get to those hard-to-reach spaces in a car now days to even change the spark plug
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    I'll bet that the metric Crescent wrenches are way up high where no one can reach 'em.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I’m sure it has all those crazy angle drivers needed to get to those hard-to-reach spaces in a car now days to even change the spark plug

Nope... that’s just the cost of the boxes.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Yikes, at is quite a toolbox. I feel ashamed that I keep all my tools in one of those nice Klein tool bags, if you know what I’m talking about...acq8zuc04wdt.jpg
    The tools don’t even fill it past the leather section! I need to step up my game.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I'll bet that the metric Crescent wrenches are way up high where no one can reach 'em.

And all the left-handed tools too
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    "where's that $&#@ 10mm!!?!?…"
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767

that won't work for me
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658

I asked a friend of mine that same question. He's a bus mechanic for a large school. Came back with a good answer. Told me Craftsman are good for normal use. But when using them everyday on stubborn bolts they don't hold up. True that you get a new one but it doesn't cover your hand or knuckles when they fail.
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2018

being a "southpaw" :p myself -- or, if you prefer, being "sinister" -- I was tempted to mention those, too.

:|
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Harbor Freight has that box for $29.95

Russ offered them $1.98 and two electrocuted squirrels.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    When you have to replace the muffler bearings on '97 Chevy or the master mud pump on '76 Pacer you need to have the right tools for the job...One thing Snap on doesn't have is a Smoke Wrench.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    chumlie wrote: »

I asked a friend of mine that same question. He's a bus mechanic for a large school. Came back with a good answer. Told me Craftsman are good for normal use. But when using them everyday on stubborn bolts they don't hold up. True that you get a new one but it doesn't cover your hand or knuckles when they fail.

don't go to youtube where they were torture testing some tools and the snap-on were failing faster that the gear wrenches....

I was very surprised to see the gearwrench stuff broke at a higher PSI than the better tools
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    When you have to replace the muffler bearings on '97 Chevy or the master mud pump on '76 Pacer you need to have the right tools for the job...One thing Snap on doesn't have is a Smoke Wrench.

Mikey, you would probably get a kick out of this website. It is a lampoon of all of those imaginary car parts jokes. :phttp://kalecoauto.com/
  • mhardy6647
    When you have to replace the muffler bearings on '97 or the master mud pump on '76 Pacer you need to have the right tools for the job...One thing Snap on doesn't have is a Smoke Wrench.

... and those danged Pacers ate them pumps, too. I think AMC was gettin' 'em from Renault, after that "Alliance" debacle ;)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Doubles as a straitjacket
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Yikes, at is quite a toolbox. I feel ashamed that I keep all my tools in one of those nice Klein tool bags, if you know what I’m talking about...
    puo62cpy1pyz.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I have multiple copies of common tools throughout. Garage, Basement, Shed, and Truck. Saves a lot of time running around.

I only have one Muffler Bearing Extractor though! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I was also very happy to have a complete set of metric screwdrivers when I had to replace the crakometer on my '77 Datsun pickup. Mine were from Binford Tools
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I was also very happy to have a complete set of metric screwdrivers when I had to replace the crakometer on my '77 Datsun pickup. Mine were from Binford Tools

Did you buy them from Jill?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk