Best audio stories

I want to hear your most interesting, funny, ridiculous, etc. audio stories. Just for the fun of it. So post your audio stories down below.

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2018
    I’ll start with one of the many, many times I thought my equipent had broken. I went to listen to some music, and I plugged in my tablet, turned on my system, and turned some music on. The left channel, however, didn’t work at all (no sound). It was hissing though, so I immediately proceeded to check all connections, tighten all of the connectors that did happen to be lose, and so on and so forth (you know, the process you go through as soon as you know that somethings not right) to no avail. Anyway, after checking everything, I decided to take my entire system off the wall and put it all back, and hopefully that would fix whatever was wrong. It didn’t. So, I continued to work at this for probably another hour (not including the hour before of me taking apart my system) and even at one point, opened up my Yamaha in order to look for something that wasn’t right. I knew the problem wasn’t in the crown, because it is brand new and it wasn’t receiving any signal from the receiver. I found nothing inside, and eventually gave up, and just sat in silence. Later I called my friend and told him what had happened, and he said “did you reset the balance from when we blew those speakers for a YouTube video earlier today?” So I reset the balance, plugged in my tablet, and turned on my music, and voila, I immediately felt like an idiot.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited March 2018
    I went to a house party when I was 18 and the kid that lived there had a kick but system rockin music all night. When it was my turn to play an album . I grabbed a Sabbath album and as soon as I let the needle drop . All I heard I’d Aha,ahah,ahah,ahah. I thought I had wrecked his system for about five seconds. No problem. It was just “Sweet Leaf” by Sabbath. First time I had heard that song. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I went to a house party when I was 18 and the kid that lived there had a kick but system rockin music all night. When it was my turn to play an album . I grabbed a Sabbath album and as soon as I let the needle drop . All I heard I’d Aha,ahah,ahah,ahah. I thought I had wrecked his system for about five seconds. No problem. It was just “Sweet Leaf” by Sabbath. First time I had heard that song. Peace. D
    I had a similar experience when I bought Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". I purchased a new pair of headphones the same day just for that album. At the end of "Have a Cigar", I thought my new headphones had carped-out. :p