Pre with Parasound

After getting such an overwhelming response from the Parasound vs Emotiva post I thought I would inquire to the other Parasound peoples around here as to a suitable pre for my new hca-1200ii. Right now I am running a Rotel RSX-1055 running as a pre with preouts. I am looking for a good 2 channel pre to match up to the Parasound with HT bypass. They will be connected to my SDA 1C's. After some surfing I have been looking at the VTL 2.5 or something in the Parasound family. Any suggestions?

Comments

• StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    The P5 is pretty sweet for the money.
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Well, can't speak to the having HT bypass option, but Parasound with a tubed pre works for me.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.