lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Pearl Jam!

gh88mislnfr3.jpeg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Continuing my journey with the Foreigner boxed set.
    a1a6qzs3a712.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Very nice. Was Lou Gramm with em? I heard he had a bout with cancer a while back.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    b0oyqshuxkf8.jpg

How do like the Pink Floyd DSOTM SACD?

It is very good. Money is really good in surround sound. The cash register goes around and around the room.
    Bought it for 7$ at Wal-Mart back in the day.
    One of the first SACD's i ever bought it will not leave my roost
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited March 2018
    b0oyqshuxkf8.jpg

I feel the DSOTM SACD is not as nice sounding as the MFSL 24K Gold, CD. I own both, but have to admit I have heard the MFSL Gold CD more times. Also, I would recommend the first (U.S.) pressing, on the Harvest label and the CD is made in Japan. Probably the MFSL version sounds a little better, but it's also a far more expensive. IMO, both the Harvest Japan made CD and the MFSL CD's sound better than the SACD.

Since you are getting a free copy of the SACD, I recommend spending some money on the Harvest label first pressing and/or the MFSL 24K Gold CD.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Awesome album will join ya
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    The dining rig with a little Joe Sample, a sample of Chinese, and a few samples of Blue Moon....

wumw0fr0c3we.jpg
    9t2yc4sijcra.png

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • verb
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Very nice. Was Lou Gramm with em? I heard he had a bout with cancer a while back.

No....no Lou Gramm but Kelly was a showman...honest entertainer...he was out singing among the audience...singing while signing autographs! The choir for "I Wanna Know What Love Is" was from a local high school and he talked about funding the music programs in schools and how important it was etc. All in all was a great night. I loved the simple stage though...seriously made one pay more attention to the music which they made beautifully.

Never heard Kelly, but certainly would check em out!
  • verb
    b0oyqshuxkf8.jpg

It is very good. Money is really good in surround sound. The cash register goes around and around the room.
    Bought it for 7$ at Wal-Mart back in the day.
    One of the first SACD's i ever bought it will not leave my roost

Cool. On my list of ones to get! :smile:
  • verb
    SDAs and a nice amount of power...nice n loud an clean...

One of my all time faves!
    ffkm4ip7le7c.png
  • verb
    My journey continues:
    fudjgut7bmko.png
  • verb
    verb, yaknow what...I ain't the typical music lover. Sure I could go and buy the gold standard for discs in classical etc. but no...I prefer my classic rock and metal. I find systems get stressed more as there is so much going on.

Agreed. I tell ya though, this boxed set is great. The first five are remastered, plus bonus tracks. Takes it to a whole new level IMO.
    xvz23ekpsvvl.png
  • verb
    Dude your my long lost Canadian Brother! :smiley:

BTW I love Unusual Heat! Never heard it before I got the set!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Noticed something while listening to Elton John Diamonds... Looking for some alternate ears if they're available.

First heard it in Caety's focus, but discounted it since it's a factory stereo. So I threw it on the rig (SDA 2, NAD C320BEE, panny CDP). Now granted, I had the volume lower than normal, (the rabbits startle easy), but to me, Elton sounds like he's behind the piano, which sits behind the rest of the band. The stage is nice and wide like it should be, but to me, vocals should be up front and impactful, present.
  • verb
    Rush Farewell to Kings 3 disc boxed set. Original album, plus 2 live performances. Playing disc 3 live at Hammersmith Odean, 2/20/1978:
    ma6w95dw9hqg.png
  • verb
    Plus a nice bonus! Last 5 tracks are tributes! Dream Theater rocks it!
    5hdjc7pmzuc2.png
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    [wow, I found this draft I'd "saved" some time ago. apparently incomplete. letting it rip as is; unfinished. fitting actually, you know, since musical taste can be ever evolving]

Some time ago @willow posted up about Gord Downie's passing. I always count the late 80s as the time I got my real start in music that I sort of found for myself and "made my own", the stuff outside of the mainstream, at least for my area, the stuff that really spoke to me during those early adolescent years - the time of our lives when we're feeling things out and establishing our sense of self and our place socially among peers. Music was a huge part of this process for me. Music was one of those things that went hand in hand with one's "scene". I never really felt like I fit into the mainstream ones, and I discovered progressive rock in 10th grade right about the time I was reading Thoreau's Walden. It was a great pairing, and gave me a bit of freedom from the confines of social conformity, at least, as much as I thought I was non-conforming in my increasingly

The Tragically Hip was one of those bands I always heard of, but never really had the opportunity to hear. I didn't have any older siblings to school me in what good music was. We had one good radio station in the area at the time, WOFM, which broadcast out of a low power tower in Moyock, NC, on the border of NC and VA, on the way to the Outer Banks. Due to the low power, you could only get it tuned in in clear weather.

I've been listening to The Tragically Hip a bit lately. I've started with "Fully Completely" as recommended below in the "What are you listening to" thread.

Really enjoyable album so far, takes me back to the style of the late 80s/early 90s, yet still somehow a bit timeless and still rockin'. Reminiscent of other music of the time, but I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment. Maybe some Hoodoo Gurus, REM, with a touch of David Byrne and such.
    gatemplin wrote: »
    I was just listening to The Tragically Hip - Fully Completely
    That is their best album IMO.

Fully Completely is the album I've started with.
    eu32b361envn.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    ps.
    @Clipdat - up yours.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.