What’s wrong with monster cables?

124»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yeah, I can see where it might get boring. Maybe focus on the times, hardships, how changes in the times impacted them. Absorb what it took to survive then, appreciate the advancements we have today. Could be that's what your teacher is aiming for.

I might also suggest, if the majority of people today had to live like Crockett did in those times, they'd die off pretty quickly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    tonyb wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see where it might get boring. Maybe focus on the times, hardships, how changes in the times impacted them. Absorb what it took to survive then, appreciate the advancements we have today. Could be that's what your teacher is aiming for.

I might also suggest, if the majority of people today had to live like Crockett did in those times, they'd die off pretty quickly.

I have been, it just this last chapter that wasn’t great. I think if I was living back then, I would probably die, no matter how much I would like to think I wouldn’t.
    It is definitely a good book, though, and I have enjoyed it.
  • maxfrompa
    maxfrompa Posts: 13
    PVC is a thermoplastic, most likely during manufacturing the quenching process introduced moisture which eventually led to corrosion. Stranded copper will also wick moisture very effectively.
    Living Room - Onkyo Tx-NR3009, OPPO BDP-93, Carver M500t(3), Fire TV, Monster Power HTS3500, JVC RS45, Elite CineGrey 3d 120in, Polk SDA SRS(Moded), CS350LS, RT2000i, RT7, DIY 15in Titanic III SUB(2)
    Master Bedroom - Onkyo TX-SR507, Sony BDP-S5200, Fire TV, Homeworx TV Tuner, Audio Technia AT-PL120 Turntable, Shure M97 Cartridge, Monster Power HTS1600, Optoma HD142X, Hooker Cabinet 100in Screen Combo, Energy Take Speakers, Premier Acoustic PA-120SUB(2)
    Computer - Difinitive Tech Incline Speaker Sys, Sunfire True Sub MKII
    GYM - Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi, Fire Stick, Samsung 55in TV, POLK RTi8
    Whole House Dist - Carver CT27v, TFM15CB, Homespot Bluetooth, HTD in ceiling Speakers
    On The Shelf - Carver C1, TX11a, RCA VHS, Sony BR, Dragonfly DAC, Klipsch Academy
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    The best thing about the Monster speaker wire is it blends into my wood floors...and cost me nothing since I have had it forever.
    0sijh0gm8onk.jpeg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I wonder if they ever tried going around the country and suing anybody that drove a monster truck? I bet they even tried to sue Universal for making all of those monster movies back in the 30s and 40s.
  • mlistens03
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    The best thing about the Monster speaker wire is it blends into my wood floors...and cost me nothing since I have had it forever.
    0sijh0gm8onk.jpeg

That’s true, it didn’t blend into my carpet any better than my monoprice does though, so there is no reason for me to use it. But if it works good for you, then that’s good, there is nothing wrong with it other than the initial price.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I wonder if they ever tried going around the country and suing anybody that drove a monster truck? I bet they even tried to sue Universal for making all of those monster movies back in the 30s and 40s.

Quote from their letter to universal: “we are suing you for making movies involving our name that came out almost 40 years before we even existed.”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    0sijh0gm8onk.jpeg

I like your rug! I like everything in the photo, but I really like the looks of the rug. :)
  • kevhed72
    edited March 2018
    It hides malamute dog hair really well!
    IKEA has a few variations of the same idea.
  • mlistens03
    F1nut wrote: »
    The best thing about the Monster speaker wire is it blends into my wood floors...

One should be proud of their speaker cables, I am. :p

tlhcqfdcn84v.jpg

But your cables are cool! Mine aren’t.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I like your rug! I like everything in the photo, but I really like the looks of the rug. :)
    I like that rug, too, but I was immediately reminded of the time I had to move a ladder with a full one gallon can of paint on it's folding shelf. I spilled a full can of solid stain all over the sidewalk and side of the house. That would make a great story to tell, it was epic.

• kevhed72
    The best thing about the Monster speaker wire is it blends into my wood floors...

tlhcqfdcn84v.jpg
    I know I said I was interested in the risers last time you did a run....but those look sweet.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    delkal wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

tlhcqfdcn84v.jpg

Yes they are very nice and they do look great.

But.......there is a better type of cable elevator made out of a special kiln fired ceramic. This process uses temperatures of up to 1200 degrees and aligns the crystalline structure of the special dielectric at the molecular level.

Now that I have over 100 posts I can now sell these direct to Polkies. And not at the normal price of $100 per unit, but for the bargain price of only $25 each (+ shipping)

220px-Brick.jpg

Brilliant! If you stack em vertically you can have 3 levels of elevation! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    delkal wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

tlhcqfdcn84v.jpg

Yes they are very nice and they do look great.

But.......there is a better type of cable elevator made out of a special kiln fired ceramic. This process uses temperatures of up to 1200 degrees and aligns the crystalline structure of the special dielectric at the molecular level.

Now that I have over 100 posts I can now sell these direct to Polkies. And not at the normal price of $100 per unit, but for the bargain price of only $25 each (+ shipping)

220px-Brick.jpg

I’ll take 10!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Shipping will be a killer
  • Viking64
    Those go perfectly with old Jethro Tull.

j47xq9guxll3.jpg
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ fantastic album, one of Caety's favorites.
  • Viking64
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ fantastic album, one of Caety's favorites.

Cool. Do you mean Cathy here on the forum? :)
  • FestYboy
    No, Caety, my better half.
  • Viking64
    No, Caety, my better half.

Ah, sorry.
  • FestYboy
    Viking64 wrote: »