TSi 100 bookshelf speakers

I am setting up a new home theater and looking to use the TSi 100 bookshelves for my R & L front with a Polk in wall, 255 CRT, for center. I can not find rms info. anywhere about the bookshelves. Anyone have any info.?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Recommended amplification: 20-100 (watts/ch)
  • joslinm
    joslinm Posts: 3
    Saw that but was unsure if it meant it could handle 100w continuous or just peak. Thanks for response.
  • Clipdat
    What are you going to be powering them with where you'll be pushing 100w continuous?
  • joslinm
    joslinm Posts: 3
    I won't be pushing that much continuous but had had seen a peak range either so gathering info.
  • Clipdat
    I think the ratings they give for their bookshelf/towers differ a little than what you'd normally see for car audio applications where RMS is commonly used.

I was inquiring to hopefully find out what AVR or power amp you were going to be using to see if it would be a good fit, but honestly anything will easily power the TSi100 speakers.

Unless you're trying to listen at reference levels with a dedicated 150w+/channel amplifier, I think the they will be able to handle whatever you throw their way.
    joslinm wrote: »
    I won't be pushing that much continuous but had had seen a peak range either so gathering info.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    The info you seek is somewhat worthless. Since your using these for a HT application, I would assume your looking for a receiver to power them. They are very easy to drive with any available receiver on the market.

A receiver with 50 watts per channel, or 100 watts per channel, won't damage your speakers. Receivers/amplifiers do not just throw out their rated power when you turn it on. Key is in proper set-up, and not over driving them with sticky fingers on the volume dial.

Follow the instructions for auto calibration with any receiver you get. Make manual adjustments afterwards to suit your preferences. Also, a good subwoofer would be needed to augment them. Good luck to you.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable