Options

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I see butthurtz still abounds around this place. :p

There he is!

Viking, I’m gonna be honest, until now I hadn’t looked at your profile picture and I thought it was some type of bird or something. I just looked at it closer and I realized it’s a pug. And that it is sooo cute.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I think that I did lose a female rca jack on a cheap white van sub once, but I was gonna blow it anyways so I didn’t care

Can't do it, too easy....

Do it before @Viking64 does! :smiley:

He takes the low hanging fruit...

LMAO.......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Back to true form Captain Jimmy!
    noxvxnt26jvo.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Oh...MONSTER cables. Now I get it. :p
  • mlistens03
    Options

LOL
  • verb
    Options

You are a quick one! LOL! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Options

What happened to Yoda?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Going to bed guys, I’ll check tomorrow and see the horrors that arise
  • Viking64
    Options
    Going to bed guys, I’ll check tomorrow and see the horrors that arise

I'm going to go shave my donkey and let the nerds have their fun. :p
  • verb
    Options
    Brush his teeth too please!
    ofbrkj8lkqvi.png
  • Viking64
    Options
    Ummmm, I believe posting another member's picture without their permission is frowned upon. :p
  • verb
    Options
    Can I get your permission sir? After the fact of course! :smiley:
  • Viking64
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can I get your permission sir? After the fact of course! :smiley:
    I would grant you my permission, but perhaps you should hear it from the....wait for it....horse's mouth. :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Isn’t it funny that the class clown never knows the joke is on them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Options
    Pretend ignore.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    ofbrkj8lkqvi.png

Definitely brush his teeth.
  • Viking64
    Options
    Definitely brush his teeth.

Depending on which region of the country that donkey is from, perhaps the phrase "brush his tooth" would be more appropriate. :#
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The "green wire" problem is caused by hydrochloric acid -- either residual in or, more likely, due to the environmental degradation of -- the polyvinylchloride (PVC) jacket used in some speaker cables.

Other polymers are less likely to have that problem (although they may have others) -- PVC isn't a great choice for an insulator, anyway (IMO), but it is cheap.

Yeah, probably should have mentioned that urethane is a less reactive and more durable insulating material. All my favorite speaker wires use clear urethane jacketing.

Most of the car speaker wire I've used has urethane jacketing. PVC melts like boogers and gets sticky when in contact with many of the petroleum based products found in cars. Especially petroleum distillates like gasoline, engine oil and brake fluid.

Urethane, on the other hand, is pretty non-reactive. I've dropped urethane insulated speaker wire in a puddle of gasoline, wiped it off and been none the worse for wear.

Urethane also tends to remain flexible as long as you keep it out of sunlight. The flexing agents necessary for urethane to remain pliable are destroyed by UV radiation.

But urethane won't get sticky like PVC will. It will just dry out and start to crack. Urethane can oxidized, though and while it won't get gooey sticky like PVC will, it will get tacky sticky like a Post-It note.

Also, if you have any vintage speakers that use a veneer that is a "picture of wood" on a vinyl sheet and it's sticky, the same degradation/oxidation that makes PVC jacketed wiring gooey-sticky happened to your vinyl veneer. You can't clean it off. You can only strip it and put new veneer on. But often they are made with particle board and stripping it will destroy it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I do remember having a sticky wood veneer on a pair of old Magnavox speakers, but the tweeters had gotten wet so I was throwing them away anyways.
    I'm gonna look at my monoprice cable, but I do think that it is urethane, and not PVC.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    auqu65dgtb3o.jpg
    I was bored while doing schoolwork so I completely stripped my monster cable that turned green for some bizarre reason and
    wmhphvd7r9gd.jpg
    I made my desk water tight (maybe) with the insulation I cut off while doing it.
    What has happened to my life.
    Just thought I would share with you guys the boring life of me.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Does this count as saving the environment? I mean, I am re-using the insulation, and it’s not going to a landfill... maybe. It’s possible that when I open my desk that it will all fall out.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I don't know what your studying in school, but can't imagine something being as boring as stripping Monster cable. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Options
    How about reading a book from over 200 years ago that I can’t really understand?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    How about reading a book from over 200 years ago that I can’t really understand?

That's why you go to school!

:|
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    May we ask what your reading specifically ?

Age doesn't necessarily mean there's a learning curve to reading, aside from getting use to the lingo of the times, which can be daunting....depending.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It is the autobiography of David Crockett, which is not especially boring, except right now all he does is go hunting, then come home and have a neighbor ask him to go home, and then come home again and etc.