B&K ST125.2 Amplifier

Hey Polkies,

Great sounding amp here. I bought this off of Ebay a few months ago and have been very impressed with the musicality of it. Only selling because I am buying Danny's Ref 200.2, a little extra power never hurt anybody. These are generally underrated and are known to put out about 140 WPC at 8ohm.

The amp is in decent cosmetic shape, with a few scuffs and scratches on the face plate. I did my best to document the cosmetics in the pictures but the lighting is not great in my listening room. I'll take better pictures tomorrow when I pull it out of the rack.

Asking 300+ship or 300 local pickup in the Annapolis/Baltimore/DC area. I paid about 400 for this so I think the price is fair. I don't have the original packaging but do have the box that it was shipped to me in, which is more than adequate.

uihwrd3wif6i.jpg
d5neyrg5lrpr.jpg
zaqx8z434avg.jpg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Hmmmmmm.....I could go 7.1 with this. Let me think on it Zach
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Do it!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    As promised, here are some better pictures out of the rack

u7y9381ai7ce.jpeg
    xwrnu4m0uzhq.jpeg
    o8hc5ndnn7bh.jpeg
    ymquts8b7x4w.jpeg
    ja3qqla4sgkr.jpeg
    9g5piriz4kxx.jpeg
    nbk4mfeetdft.jpeg

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Hey Polkies,

Great sounding amp here. I bought this off of Ebay a few months ago and have been very impressed with the musicality of it. Only selling because I am buying Danny's Ref 200.2, a little extra power never hurt anybody. These are generally underrated and are known to put out about 140 WPC at 8ohm.

The amp is in decent cosmetic shape, with a few scuffs and scratches on the face plate. I did my best to document the cosmetics in the pictures but the lighting is not great in my listening room. I'll take better pictures tomorrow when I pull it out of the rack.

Asking 300+ship or 300 local pickup in the Annapolis/Baltimore/DC area. I paid about 400 for this so I think the price is fair. I don't have the original packaging but do have the box that it was shipped to me in, which is more than adequate.

uihwrd3wif6i.jpg
    d5neyrg5lrpr.jpg
    zaqx8z434avg.jpg

https://youtu.be/yMQhXc1dHIQ

GLWS!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Nice Amp buy from Zach with confidence, nice amp right here priced very good. GLWTS.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Outstanding amp here folks. I really liked mine! GLWTS!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Innards look to be very clean!
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    halo wrote: »
    Outstanding amp here folks. I really liked mine! GLWTS!

What he^^^^^said
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• stangman67
    Dropping to 250+ship. Price will stay here. Fantastic price on a great piece

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Wow, someone should jump at that price!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Odd question but what are the dimensions of height and length? Gotta see if it will fit in my entertainment center.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    A 5 second google search:

17"(w) X 16"(d) X 5.75"(h)
    Odd question but what are the dimensions of height and length? Gotta see if it will fit in my entertainment center.

• stangman67
    CLipdat is correct

• stangman67
    This appears to be tentatively sold to Al!

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Zach - you’re like my “dealer” of sorts... B)
  • scubalab
    edited March 2018
    I just noticed Cody was asking about this. I don’t want to step on toes, so if he had dibs in any way, let me know and I’ll step back.

Hopefully he doesn’t though!
  • stangman67
    No he hasn’t contacted me so you are in the clear

• scubalab
    edited March 2018
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Git you some, Al!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Git you some, Al!

He "may" have been helped/pushed :neutral::wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    Nooooo, You in no way coerced me to jump. I'm starting to think Zach is giving you kickbacks...

Yeah, Russ, I figure since you're probably not going to store your Parasound in the Central PA warehouse, I needed this!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I was in the process of considering it and spending my money before I even got it in my account but even if I did jump on it my wife would have killed me so you probably saved me.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • scubalab
    My wife's gonna kill me Cody... she already asked "where did all these speakers come from?"'... I played dumb.
  • Is this still for sale?
  • stangman67
    No, sorry