Opinions on 1962 The Fisher President MkVII console...

2»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Probably by the same **** who just ripped it of that console an hour before you got there.
    The preamp that was pulled from my console is on EBay.... for 3800.00!
    I am certain of it. The guys at AK agree.

Link because I’m im nosy
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Probably by the same **** who just ripped it of that console an hour before you got there.
    Could well be one of the denizens there :s

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited March 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Could well be one of the denizens there :s

He is not, but very well known among them for cutting these consoles up. He shows up at every sale where high end electronics is available. Word is he has insiders that tip him off... he knew the crew at this sale by first name. Guess he has been doing it for twenty years as a full time job.

I would like to get in and save some of this stuff before Indiana Jones does, but he has been known to show up and sleep outside overnight or two just to be the first one in the door.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Just looked at the one on the bay for 3800.

Would have been nice to hear the unit play while still intact.

If I can ever find an bad cosmetic condition, old console with an decent tube amp in it I'll rip out the amp to try to build something but FMO never on a unit that nice looking.

Hopefully, if you get the console you can create something even better and more enjoyable with it.
  • nooshinjohn
    pjny8a6zf0ai.jpeg
    nusftt6j4v3f.jpeg
    ermwl4q8pcki.jpeg
    peas84no270o.jpeg
    en7rwkn8uwhu.jpeg
    91oqg7cdpxvv.jpeg
    0ij8vgrle2bk.jpeg
    ukcv8c3yscof.jpeg
    kb1pbe29zmhm.jpeg
    50rcou11j0u1.jpeg
    5glx863wllw1.jpeg
    kacy197vrkrf.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Link to what?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

to this
  • nooshinjohn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    crying shame John! Wonder if those "made in Great Britain" tubes are Mullards? All original Fisher branded tubes. Crazy !!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That's the preamp, where's the amp???
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    That's the preamp, where's the amp???

Thats next to be posted on eBay lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    The amp is almost useless as it is solid state on this model, but they only made them for three years, so still pretty scarce.

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    What a shame they let it get ripped apart like that.

Still a nice cabinet. Some work you can make it into a great TV stand.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    Thinking of something I am calling a Memory Chest. I will fill it up with all my records, and some things I have left from my childhood. When my son starts a family of his own, I will give it to him.

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Have you thought about talking to the guy and buying the internals? $3800 sounds like wishful thinking but if you show up with cash he would probably barter and throw in the solid state amp.

Were the original speakers anything special?
  • nooshinjohn
    I offered him 2500.00 for everything, and he shot that down with a belly laugh.