Sirius XM?

Options
Considering renewal for 6 months only for $34. I don't like the fact that you have to call and cancel subscription to stop continuous billing after that. Totally shady IMHO but, I know that's the way this crap is today. Had their 3 month trial and it's expiring March 1st. Anything to watch out for with this outfit?? I could only imagine how difficult how hard they make it to cancel a subscription to stop access to my account. I won't lose any sleep if I don't get it.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    They are totally aggravating to deal with IMO/IME; we gave up long ago.
  • charley95
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    What was aggravating?
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    No problems with them so far..was just offered a 5 month for $25 deal for my Dodge
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Ive been a subscriber for over 10 years and havent had a single problem.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    Options
    I've also had them for years - almost exclusively for their baseball channel - and had no problems. When I removed a couple of radios from the subscription it was easy.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    They never deal unless you call and threaten to cancel. And then only if you agree to auto bill. I had it for years when commuting 3+ hours a day. If they put any effort into offering reasonable prices and training their customer service better we'd probably stick with them. As it is we've been going through the process of dropping them one car at a time and soon won't be subscribers anymore.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I hate dealing with them. Been a subscriber for 8 years and will not call them unless I have to, and even then I usually just avoid it.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I also hate dealing with them. Came with my new Tacoma, let the subscription lapse and had no refund intention of renewing. They called me multiple times a week for a month despite my asking them to leave me alone. I finally just bought a damn subscription so they would leave me the heck alone
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    What was aggravating?

Others have mentioned some of the things. I'll add this one.
    They wanted us to set up automated payments; we refused. First go around they were acquiescent. When we renewed, we went around and around with them about it & finally just gave up. The service didn't add enough value to be worth the hassle.

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Got renewal letter earleir in the week. $34.10 for 6 months with smuck fees and gave payment info. After the 34.10 charge, they added another dollar for some other fee. Told them to shove it and cancel the deal. Glad I can live without it. They're pretty much like Comcast and have the consumer over the barrel.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Yes, calling every time your subscription is about to expire is annoying. But it's pretty painless to get them to cave to receive a great rate. Last time I think I got a year for $60 & change. So at least I don't have to deal with them for awhile. Beats the heck out of FM if you drive a lot.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Yes, calling every time your subscription is about to expire is annoying. But it's pretty painless to get them to cave to receive a great rate. Last time I think I got a year for $60 & change. So at least I don't have to deal with them for awhile. Beats the heck out of FM if you drive a lot.

Ding,ding,Ding! There's your answer.