“You got way too many Fedex Deliveries”

Options
Says the wife.

Just got home... whoa.

Somewhere in there is the PS Audio Direct Stream Stack, the Oppo 105D Darbee, the Torus/Bryston RM15, the 2 Wel power cords, 7 runs of the AQ Type 2 or 4 wire (I already forget), AQ Diamond HDMI, 5 PS Audio noise harvesters, a AQ black mamba subwoofer cable, and I forgot a few others...

Time to open them up and make sure fedex didn’t pull a fast one on me.

40fbbbsw4vw7.jpeg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Please tell me you guys are wearing matching pajamas...

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »

Yes
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Your daughter has a “daddys in trouble” look going on lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Christmas in February! Cool. Oops sippy cup just spilled all over! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    pbk1is79fp0k.jpeg
    l4ef0nrpt2ot.jpeg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Your FedEx guy loves you those boxes are still square.....
    Boy spongebob has never sounded so good she's thinking
    Nice ;)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    And the wels are in, boys....
    mv5c3y7e1rgq.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I never knew they came in white...dm2ctc0nnlgu.jpeg
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I never knew they came in white...dm2ctc0nnlgu.jpeg

Just goes to show you they are an inclusive company...
    LOL

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    @Joey_V,

I'm really anxious to hear how the PS Audio stack performs v. your other gear.

Please post a review ASAP! :)

By the way you have one of the cutest daughters on the planet.

And, @EnderShadow interprets her look all wrongly, in my opinion (as a father of three daughters): She's thinking, "Oh boy, when Daddy gets home, we're going to have some fun with these! I wonder which ones are gonna be mine."

Onward and upward!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »

Thought that was Joey in the PJs...my B

You just received $10k+ worth of shtuff via Fedex and now it's just sitting on the floor. You're so weird. :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    But it's a really nice floor :) . Congrats on the safe deliveries... hope everything works out to your liking.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I have successfully plugged the DS stack and it is starting to make music. I’ll lesbe it alone for now and figure how to do a quick compare against the emm stack
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Going to be a long day hooking up all that gear enjoy yourself, nice very nice.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Alright so I was able to unpack everything and test the majority of the units. Some could have been packed better but I believe I got lucky this time despite fedex.

No broken component noted!

Anyway, I spent some time with some of the units. I plugged in the Directstream into the system and let the system and the DS play for 12 hours before I sat down and listened.

You guys have no idea how many people have direct messaged me regarding some quick thoughts on the 2....

I also tried the Torus/Bryston conditioning unit last night. I’m gonna do some more listening tests in the “lab” but it was VERY positive.

I have not yet tested the Oppo.

I have tested the 2 wel power cords and as of late last night my system was nearly at full power.

More to come including the dac war... but I already know which is undoubtedly better and by how much.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Nice new toys. Those new toys must keep you busy enough for a few weeks. If you don't decide to let the Oppo go, let me know and I might be interested for my second system.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    What's the AQ Type 4 SC for?
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What's the AQ Type 4 SC for?

Not sure but they threw it in for free for me... it’s like enough for a 7 channel system. I like the braid and the Y jackets too, not sure what I wanna do with them... sell or keep some or keep all. I could use some slightly non generic wires for system 2 and 3
  • Joey_V
    Options
    haimoc wrote: »
    Nice new toys. Those new toys must keep you busy enough for a few weeks. If you don't decide to let the Oppo go, let me know and I might be interested for my second system.

Will do
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    I have to admit the 5 noise harvesters I have in my main rig room do not seem to provide any noticeable improvement with the audio - just the blue light strobe effect. I suppose my power could be somewhat clean already.
    [
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I'd like to some a try
  • Joey_V
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'd like to some a try

I read this 4x.... hahaha
  • Joey_V
    Options
    miner wrote: »
    I have to admit the 5 noise harvesters I have in my main rig room do not seem to provide any noticeable improvement with the audio - just the blue light strobe effect. I suppose my power could be somewhat clean already.

I have 6 in my main room. One time I tried 12 and I was bathed in psychedelic lights
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2018
    Options
    miner wrote: »

I'd also like to try them. From what I've read you plug them into outlets with things likely to cause noise, like the fridge outlet, dryer, washer, microwave, etc, NOT just the empty outlets on the circuit with your gear..... but its been a bit since I read the direcitons.

Although given DK's writeup of the Quietline version of these..... I'd be tempted to go with them....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    It made a difference in my room, needed atleast 2 or more to hear. Tweaks more like it. I played with them
    For some time and made it all the way to 12.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'd like to some a try

I read this 4x.... hahaha

HAHAHA

Looks like I got into a hurry and forgot a word :p

• Joey_V
    Options
    I have completed a pretty exhausting listening session in my room... errr, lab.

Will post up my impressions of the PS Audio DS Dac shortly.
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    I'd like to try that DSD Stack...let me know if it doesn't work out for you.

Thanks
    Juan