FS: Marantz PM8004 & SA8004 - One Of A Kind Custom Pair

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I need to win the lottery... Between Jesse and Skip, I'd be set for life.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    F1nut wrote: »
    I always wore gloves when handling the PM & SA, so no finger prints or oils have every been on them.

Very nice, but any dingus prints? :#

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I'd hate to see them split up, but if you want the PM and Steve wants the SA let me know for sure. It would be better they get used than sit around here doing nothing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2018
    It's on you Dave grab the PM and I would take the SA if Jesse has not had any serious offers for the pair that is. Makes me wonder what route Jesse is going for an office rig?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    I always wore gloves when handling the PM & SA, so no finger prints or oils have every been on them.

Very nice, but any dingus prints? :#

I only do that on other people's gear like an animal marking their territory. :p

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Bump... somebody buy these already.
    80lgzhn0vcb8.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    I thought these would be gone in 24hrs of posting.
    Upgraded and Perfect price and condition.
    Sadly I just paid the Amex for Christmas.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • F1nut
    These are still available.

President of Club Polk

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    I may be interested in the SA if you split up.
  • F1nut
    Will do if someone wants the PM.

President of Club Polk

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    I can attest that the SA8004 is one fine sounding player. GLWTS.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I can't believe these are still here after the price drop. I think it'd be tough to find a better setup for the money, considering the upgrades abd extras.

A Polkie needs to step up and grab these.
  • F1nut
    These are now listed on a For Sale site, so if you want them grab'em now.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Bump in the night.....

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    This is still here? Someone pick this up
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    Maybe a few pics of the business parts will help someone make up their mind. All PM8004 and SA8004 units were built at the Marantz Reference facility in Japan. Pics from the Net.

enauuis56bjh.jpg

eb3xc6jb3hsn.jpg

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Sexy Shiite
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Maybe a few pics of the business parts will help someone make up their mind. All PM8004 and SA8004 units were built at the Marantz Reference facility in Japan. Pics from the Net.

enauuis56bjh.jpg

eb3xc6jb3hsn.jpg

5qr0xon37qkm.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Add me to the list of those interested in the SA8004. Wouldn't have any use for the PM8004.
  • F1nut
    Weekly bump de bump......

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    How much for the amp?
  • afterburnt
    Lots of interest in the player I will take the amp although I need an integrated this 1504 is a good head
  • F1nut
    edited February 2018
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Lots of interest in the player I will take the amp although I need an integrated this 1504 is a good head

Bruce, the PM8004 is an integrated amp.

So, since the SA8004 comes with extras (laser traverse and belt) it should be priced more than the PM8004. Therefore, the SA8004 price is $800.00 and the PM8004 is $700.00.

I will take $100.00 off the SA8004 if the buyer doesn't want the laser traverse and belt, but I strongly suggest you get them in the deal because you'll spend a lot more buying them down the road.

First up for the SA8004 is Jaybeez. Second up is Clipdat.
    First up for the PM8004 is Afterburnt.

If you are committed please say so and we'll get the ball rolling.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    I'm out. Saving up for the SA-14S1.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    OK, I'm in on the SA8004, with the extras.
  • Clipdat
    Niiiice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it vs the CD5004 which is no slouch.
    Jaybeez wrote: »

• F1nut

Noted, waiting to hear back from Afterburnt.

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2018

Noted, waiting to hear back from Afterburnt.

Come on Bruce you know you want this fine piece of Marantz goodness just do it, besides I believe Jaybezz is in your neck of the woods, you both could get together mate em and both of you would of wished you bought both of them as a pair go for it Bruce. I will keep on texting you until you make this purchase. Text incoming.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • afterburnt
    I am stepping aside, sorry Steve.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I hope a sale goes to someone here, but, these really should go together. You'll probably regret not buying the other piece eventually. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't be all most people would ever need.