Polk PSW- bad customer support

Second Polk subwoofer to go on me, this time the PSW110 after seriously minimal use. I called into their support line and after waiting on hold was brushed off by a support person.
He stated “should be” $36+ shipping to replace the amp. I figure, why not give them a shot this time? I did tell him I have never disconnected an amp from woofer so he offered to email me details on how to do that and send it in for this (hopeful) $35+ shipping.

... he emailed me a receipt of service call event and nothing else... does anyone know how to disconnect the amp from the subwoofer once unscrewed? 2 small cables (black and white)

I brushed off the first Polk subwoofer to break out of nowhere a few years ago but this will keep me away from Polk now or whenever I am next in the market for a new one.

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    The two leads are likely connected via fastons or a Molex type connector. Simply remove the wires at the connection. If you're still unsure snap a pic or two and I/we can advise you how to proceed.

The next time you are in the market I suggest not buying an entry level sub from many company.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk