Anyone else fascinated w/ Olympic Curling?

Options
2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,045
    Options
    As the photo above clearly indicates, uvular health is very important to curlers, as well.

https://youtu.be/pRoGEWj6ka4
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    That's one of the great things about CP: free medical advice that's affordable ! :)

...... 'cause it's free and all ..... that's what makes it affordable.
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Even athletic Philistine that I am, I can appreciate the poise and form of a truly great curler. Note the curl of that upper lip.

Elvis would have been quite proud.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I can sit there for hours and watch Olympic Curling...heck, even events like the world championships and such. Have no idea how to explain it, it just draws me in.

Speaking of being drawn in, 4 years ago, that Women's Russian Team had me glued to the TV, for obvious reasons.
    No excuses!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Good clean sports.. curling, on the edge of the couch!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • GospelTruth
    Options
    Had my first job in the Detroit area out of college (back in the early 90s). Had cable and used to get the Canadian channels across the border. Every Saturday without fail, I would be flipping through the channels and curling would be on. I would end up watching the whole contest every time.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable