It's a shame

Options

Comments

• TNTsTunes
    Options
    A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the door.

The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

“Not a chance,” says the husband, “it is 3:00 in the morning!”

He slams the door and returns to bed.

“Who was that?” asked his wife.

“Just some drunk guy asking for a push,” he answers.

“Did you help him?” she asks.

“No, I did not, it’s 3am in the morning and it’s well pouring with rain out there!”

“Well, you have a short memory,” says his wife. “Can’t you remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

“God loves drunk people too you know.”

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, “Hello, are you still there?”

“Yes,” comes back the answer.

“Do you still need a push?” calls out the husband.

“Yes, please!” comes the reply from the dark.

“Where are you?” asks the husband.

“Over here on the swing,” replied the drunk.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    And so this thread will soon be closed.....

I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get back to audio.....

Audio is boring..... B)

That's only because you don't believe in upgrading cables..... :p

Do cables make a difference? :s:pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Come on guys... we need to keep these threads on topic.

What was it about again?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    To normal people, no.

To audiophiles who are afflicted with "the sickness", yes.
    Tony M wrote: »
    Do cables make a difference? :s:pB)

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    A baby seal walks into a club....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

:s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Come on guys... we need to keep these threads on topic.

What was it about again?

I don't think anyone remembers at this point ....
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited February 2018
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

I seen that happen twice..

Wicked sense of humor Daddy

LMAO
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I'm offended. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Go to your safe place by putting someone on ignore. :p

(I mean "PRETEND ignore.")
  • Clipdat
    Options
    It's like Jesse is trying to flush you away, but you got clogged in the drain.

c204dcf094_1378999717_De-mopshond-is-de-enige-diersoort-die-op-de-juiste-manier-een-wc-gebruikt.gif

Viking64 wrote: »

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's like Jesse is trying to flush you away, but you got clogged in the drain.

c204dcf094_1378999717_De-mopshond-is-de-enige-diersoort-die-op-de-juiste-manier-een-wc-gebruikt.gif

Nothing a t u r d plunger can't fix.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I have been enjoying my new to me Dynaudio towers for a week now. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options

And here we'd steered this thread out of the ditch and had it going in a good direction, and out pops the TROLL.

If there was any doubt before where the problem resides, there shouldn't be any longer.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Dang I missed this thread while I work. I knew I should have pulled up CP on my phone while sitting in a boring meeting!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Give it rest Jim. There is no right or wrong here.
  • Viking64
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Give it rest Jim. There is no right or wrong here.

Step back and take a look and try to figure out why this thread was made in the first place. The other thread was closed and someone just couldn't let it go.

All I did in the OTHER thread was remind people of the rules. I didn't say the thread needed to be closed. I didn't say anybody should be banned. Some accuse me of trolling. Well, if I was trolling, people should have just let it go, but for some reason they put the onus on ME to "let it go" AFTER they have flung their insults.

The level of hypocrisy of people that obviously have strong religious believes is astounding.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Hmmm. The other thread is not closed.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Fixed that for you! :)
    The level of hypocrisy of people that obviously have strong religious beliefs is astounding.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I have been enjoying my new to me Dynaudio towers for a week now. Peace. D

You mean the ones your gonna sell me in a few months ? :p

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Fixed that for you! :)

Thank you! :p Now, could you help me with another issue?

arqffdgeo7x3.jpg
  • Viking64
    Options
    verb wrote: »

It was closed. That's why this TROLL THREAD was made. :p
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The cleaners groomed it, and it was reopened after a good spit shine.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Give it a rest boys

Good advice. I'm out.

LIES!!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Options
    LIES!!!!!

I didn't say PERMANENTLY! :p

Almost 7 hours.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    LIES!!!!!

I didn't say PERMANENTLY! :p

Almost 7 hours.

It's a new record, folks! ;)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    *yawn*
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    verb wrote: »

It was closed. That's why this TROLL THREAD was made. :p

krntz1kq28jg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.