Cambridge 640P Phono Pre

Options
Get your paws wet for cheap. Seriously, this is a solid phono-pre for those of you beginning your journey down the vinyl rabbit hole. Handles both MM & MC carts.

This one is silver and comes with the power supply, original box, & manual. It has been expertly modified for additional air flow( read, I added some feet onto the factory ones for more clearance), and works perfectly. There are a couple of minor marks( see photos), but nothing heinous.

$80 shipped. Local pickup around zips 19606 or 19341 also works.

2owttt51h6r6.jpg
eq7l935hkhrr.jpg
mi9qe0mydbtr.jpg
k16ugkft4s74.jpg
ngl6b01lbxn0.jpg

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Interested trying to PM you
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Very nice price on a nice phono pre.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Still available.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dave: I think I will take it. Will this be a good match for my main system (Parasound HCA 1500A amp, Parasound PLD 1500 pre amp, Polk SDA 2BTL speakers)? I currently do not have a phono pre and run my Thorens TD 160 tt through a secondary system (Yamaha CR 2020 receiver with other Polk speakers). It would be nice to hook up my tt to my main system if this will be a good fit. If so, I will take it and then please pm me with payment info.
  • pglbook
    Options
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Sold to Peter.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    pglbook wrote: »
    Dave: I think I will take it. Will this be a good match for my main system (Parasound HCA 1500A amp, Parasound PLD 1500 pre amp, Polk SDA 2BTL speakers)? I currently do not have a phono pre and run my Thorens TD 160 tt through a secondary system (Yamaha CR 2020 receiver with other Polk speakers). It would be nice to hook up my tt to my main system if this will be a good fit. If so, I will take it and then please pm me with payment info.

I think you'll be happy with your purchase. I suspect the cartridge in your Thorens is the single most important thing that needs to mate well with the 640p--after that, your preamp and amp and speakers will largely "do what they do".

I'm currently using the phono pre in my Krell KSL, but I've run the 640p from multiple turntables (Pioneer PL-610 and Micro Seiki DQ-50) and cartridges (Grado Black, Micro Benz Silver, Stanton 881S), then on to a Manley Shrimp pre and the KSL, using NAD and Musical Fidelity amps and on to my 2BTL--all to good effect.

Happy listening!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • pglbook
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    pglbook wrote: »

I think you'll be happy with your purchase. I suspect the cartridge in your Thorens is the single most important thing that needs to mate well with the 640p--after that, your preamp and amp and speakers will largely "do what they do".

I'm currently using the phono pre in my Krell KSL, but I've run the 640p from multiple turntables (Pioneer PL-610 and Micro Seiki DQ-50) and cartridges (Grado Black, Micro Benz Silver, Stanton 881S), then on to a Manley Shrimp pre and the KSL, using NAD and Musical Fidelity amps and on to my 2BTL--all to good effect.

Happy listening!

Thanks for the info. It makes sense, as you say, that the tt cartridge is the most important thing that needs to mate well with the phono pre. I am using a Shure M97xE cart in my Thorens tt.

Thanks again.