What happened to @slapho?

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    The latter sound like they could be related to the primitive, but sometimes-encountered Rugby tribe. I wonder if anyone's done genetic analysis of the Irish and the Rugby to see how much DNA sequence homology is present?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The latter sound like they could be related to the primitive, but sometimes-encountered Rugby tribe. I wonder if anyone's done genetic analysis of the Irish and the Rugby to see how much DNA sequence homology is present?

They did actually and found direct descendants in the Philadelphia Eagles fan base.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    now that was funny.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Cheesesteak Hooligans
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options

I'm offended I like brunettes
    Beach bunnies should be protected we should march[/quote]

zaqllatoft6b.jpg

Blonde and brunette.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks Daaaave ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    The shakeup continues?

Very suspicious.

Nothing suspicious. His screen name was offensive, as many here have already stated. He was asked to come up with a new one and refused, instead asking that his account be deleted.

Case closed... time to look into another X-file.

I think that's it in a nutshell, should wrap up this thread too. However if we want to open another "x-file".....may I suggest taking a closer look at Mr. Hardy. Seems he may be hiding a whole colony of Bigfoot on that property of his. Ever notice....his pics always have a blurry background in the distance ? Coincidence ? I dunno man....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    The shakeup continues?

Very suspicious.

Nothing suspicious. His screen name was offensive, as many here have already stated. He was asked to come up with a new one and refused, instead asking that his account be deleted.

Case closed... time to look into another X-file.
    However if we want to open another "x-file".....may I suggest taking a closer look at Mr. Hardy. Seems he may be hiding a whole colony of Bigfoot on that property of his. Ever notice....his pics always have a blurry background in the distance ? Coincidence ? I dunno man....

yea that guy is shifty to the 9th degree
  • Viking64
    Options
    Anybody that is offended by a username as mild as "Slapaho" has no business being on the internet. Period.
  • daboyz
    Options
    This is the road that Polk is taking us. I had to change my avatar and I did since I felt that staying here was more important than an avatar. Obviously, slap didn't feel the same way.

That being said, if a picture of a cheerleader is offensive in their eyes IMHO his screen name is worse. All he had to do is change it.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    #makepolkforumsgreatagain JK, I still love you guys
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    You're right John no conspiracy going on here. It's just a sad state of affairs when a member can have his/her same screen name for years and then be told to change it or hit the road.

Actually if you read earlier in the thread, verb indicated that Slap had his account deleted by request himself, it wasn't a Mod order.

Sometimes men have pride and don't yield to the sword. An exaggeration on my part, but you know what pride can make a man do.
    They call it "toxic masculinity" today...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    if you think pride inspires you to make light of domestic violence, then that is indeed toxic.

Come on people, if it said beat a child or whip a n******, then everyone would rightfully be offended. Why is this still being discussed?

And @Viking64 its all about where you choose to go on the internet, and what kind of forum/community you have and want. This forum is not like youtube comments (or I would not be here). We are better than that. Many of us know each other, have shown care for each when life got hard, prayer for each other. ANd we can joke around and poke fun and talk a little smack, just like many healthy families. I for one like it that way and would like to keep it that way...

And no, I didn't complain about his name...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Please, don't confuse pride/masculinity with being rude, loud, aggressive and angry.

Oh, and pride don't feed you. Just in case you need to sacrifice one (pride) to obtain the other, it is allowed under these circumstances.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    He wasn’t really active iirc. Someone probably noticed it one day and notified the mods. And it’s reasonable that the mods don’t censor until someone in the community voices a concern.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I think the important issue in this thread is this:
    .may I suggest taking a closer look at Mr. Hardy.

Yes .... I've had suspicions for a while that he may be harboring Canadian sympathies !
    What with his manners, helpfulness, intelligence, and ... well, kind of obvious, I think.
    Dare I say it ? Collusion !
    Yes, it's all starting to become clear now. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • daboyz
    Options
    About six months ago after my avatar got shot down, I asked Ken rhetorically why if my pic was so horrible that he could have that screen name? He told me that it wss definitely wrong and that he would take care of it.

The name doesn't offend me to the point that I'd freak out but there can't be a double standard. Not sure what caused him to say something now but I never brought it up again.

• pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If everyone was so offended by his screen name, then why did he have it for years. Why all the uproar now? Did it suddenly become offensive today? Was the censorship police flying this tin can on autopilot all these years?

He(slap) had only been here a few years. I have been here since 2009 Jesse's T-Shirt is older than that yet Polk was bought twice since my time and they had new rules. In the last two yrs. MUCH has changed.

I'm pretty sure he was asked to change and he decided to delete the account.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2018
    Options
    x0aqlb6znqc4.jpg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    You're right John no conspiracy going on here. It's just a sad state of affairs when a member can have his/her same screen name for years and then be told to change it or hit the road.

Actually if you read earlier in the thread, verb indicated that Slap had his account deleted by request himself, it wasn't a Mod order.

Exactly. He insinuated (my impression) that he was having an issue with another Polkie or Polkies.

Anyone know anything about that?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    I, for one, want Jesse's t-shirt back, NOW!

Where can I get one, Jesse?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The guy chose to end his account rather than pick a new name... and the reason for beating another dead horse is???

• Viking64
    Options
    The guy chose to end his account rather than pick a new name... and the reason for beating another dead horse is???

It sounds to me like he was a victim of bullying.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Nope. Don’t believe it.

@KennethSwauger can you please put this to rest.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Nope. Don’t believe it.

@KennethSwauger can you please put this to rest.

I second the motion. All in favor say aye!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Viking64
    Options
    Maybe we should all pray about it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • Viking64
    Options
  • daboyz
    Options
    Never met him. No interaction.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I saw nowhere that he was bullied or remotely close. His user name was offensive, and could have been seen as anything from sexist, to racist, to advocating violence towards women, all of which were valid for him to be asked to change it. He chose instead to leave. What else is there to see or even explain?

Maybe he will be back with a better name, maybe not.

This discussion has been closed.