TEAC AI-101DA

Options
$200 at Massdrop. Looks like a solid deal on this little integrated. Price is usually $300 everywhere else I could find. Reviews are mixed. Curious if anyone here has any experience with this integrated. Thinking of getting one in the future for another set of patio speakers.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ai-101da-integrated-amplifier-with-usb-dac/talk

Comments

• Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Comments below the listing within Massdrop don’t seem too favorable but I have other Teac gear that I’m very happy with.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Yeah, I take some of the comments with a grain of salt, but there have been some comments and reviews that certainly make you wonder.

The biggest 'gripe' I see across the board on this amp is the volume (when using the remote) sometimes defaulting back to the setting on the manual knob. causing spikes or reductions in volume randomly.

From the Massdrop comments that I got to (only read a couple dozen) there was one member complaining about the 'specs' not being very 'honest', but that user was only bashing the specs, and not the actual performance of it (he/she did not actually have one).
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I have a AI-301DA for my patio rig, love it. I haven't had any issues--though I haven't tried the Bluetooth feature yet.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I've been debating a small-ish integrated like this for a while to use as background music while cooking or letting the kids slam dance in the living room.

My first choice is a PS Audio Sprout but i don't know if i will find one cheap enough...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!