Magnifi Max SR sound delay

henningehenninge Posts: 51
edited January 29 in Troubleshooting
Anyone else having issues where there is a significant delay in the sound coming through the sound bar?

An example is, if I rewind Netflix on my tv, Netflix video will play, but the audio doesn't come through for about 5 secs.

Sound is coming to the soundbar from the tv via optical. And I have the Max's hdmt out, going into tvs HDMI 1 with arc

Thoughts or suggestions?

Best Answers

• henningehenninge Posts: 51
    Accepted Answer
    It's a delay of between 5-8 seconds when switching sources.

Also noticing now that occasionally sound stops when switching sources. I need to reboot the source, the bar, or fiddle with things to get the sound back on
    Accepted Answer
    I would suggest calling Polk at 1-800-377-7655 for some advice.

I did - got a replacement sound bar. Still minor issues. But, the minor issues are still unacceptable imo

Answers

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,245
    I would suggest trying different outputs from your sources, trying different inputs, see if that works. Other than that though, I have no clue, sorry.

Micah
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    In have definitely tried different inouts and outputs. There definitely seems to be a 4-5 second delay in the sound bar play a sound when a video started playing
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,654
    I would suggest calling Polk at 1-800-377-7655 for some advice.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot