Bed Room Rig.

Well finally get to enjoy the system. Got a week off from work. But will start traveling again soon.

Simple
Decco 65
Onkyo C-S5VL
Klipsch Heresy

I have read on a few sties claiming the Heresy don't produce good bass. Well I don't now what kind of bass they are looking for but this do very good. Is all about placement. Like a good business is all about location, location, location.

The Onkyo will be use as a transport and I will try to Dynamat the hell out it. Enjoy

8hiaeyhgv5vg.jpg

Cheers
Rey
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I have that same CD that's sitting on the table.

Would there be any advantage to getting some simple stands like this to get the speakers off the floor and closer to ear level?

s-l1600.jpg
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Yes, IMO most speakers that size would sound better on those stands and off the floor, the tweeter should be close to ear height in your listening position.
    Carl

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited February 2018
    Would there be any advantage to getting some simple stands like this to get the speakers off the floor and closer to ear level?

s-l1600.jpg
    [/quote]

Thanks for the advice, what stands are those?
    I was looking at this ones but the may a bit overkill for the Klipsch's

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/15x18-Speaker-Plinths-with-4-thick-base-Natural-Maple/productinfo/PL15X18CL4/

The chair I have in the room have a lower sitting position.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I found them here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Harbeth-Super-HL5-Plus-or-earlier-HL5-Speaker-Stands-MADE-IN-USA/152902159454
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, what stands are those?
    I was looking at this ones but the may a bit overkill for the Klipsch's

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I've heard.... putting the Klipsch's on stands may give you a loss in the lower end. I would say before investing in stands, use something else as a makeshift to get them up and then evaluate the sound.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited February 2018
    wrong place.

Cheers