Rear versus Front

Hi,

I have the CSi A6 center speaker along with 2 T600s and PSW10. I'm looking at purchasing RTiA3 and wanted to know, between the T600s & RTiA3s, which ones should I use as front speakers and which as rear speakers?

Also, if I purchase the RTiA1 instead of the RTiA3 would that make a difference in the setup?

Thank you in advance for any help.

John

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Your front stage should match so so the rtia3 front with the csi a6
  • Simj
    Simj Posts: 2
    Would a better setup be to have rtia 5 in front and rtia 3 as rear speakers? On paper the T600s seem great but the sound I get feels a little weak for their size. Is it my receiver or improper connections? Currently using a Sony STR DN850 receiver. My budget is limited so hard to decide what my next purchase should be to improve the setup.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Simj wrote: »
    Would a better setup be to have rtia 5 in front and rtia 3 as rear speakers? On paper the T600s seem great but the sound I get feels a little weak for their size. Is it my receiver or improper connections? Currently using a Sony STR DN850 receiver. My budget is limited so hard to decide what my next purchase should be to improve the setup.

Could be a host of things, but generally speaking, the RTIA3's would be a better match for that center. RTIA5's even better.

Your sub could use an upgrade also....but start with the easy stuff first. That would be the settings in the receiver.

Go into the menu, make sure the speaker levels are set at 0. Speakers....some would say set them to small with the crossover at about 80. The crossover in the sub should be turned to the highest value to avoid using both crossovers. If that sounds thin to you, set the speakers to large. If you have no surround speakers, make sure that is set to none so those sounds get re-routed to the front 3.

Setup the inputs....if you have a cdp, set up that input to receiver the proper incoming signal....such as digital, HDMI, analog....depending on how you have it connected. Repeat that process with any other components you have connected such as a DVD player.

Double check the speaker wire connections. If using bare wire at the posts, make sure none of the strands of wire is touching another post, and that none of the rubber coating on the cable is stuck inside the post.

If all that is good to go, then we can talk upgrades.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable