Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,213
    I would love to get a pair of S55 in here to compare with the Q Acoustic floor standers.
  • Ctxx24Ctxx24 Posts: 66
    Not sure if it's a screw up on their end or what..
    What does anyone think of getting some s60s for the front and moving my 55s to the rear?
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,960
    Others, have had towers in front and back and seem to like it, try it and see. However, if you don't like it, make sure you have somewhere else where you can hook up the second pair of towers.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    I'm really wondering how different they are gs the 55s if it's worth it.. Or if they would need more power.. I don't use a amp
  • Try it and let us know
    I prolly won't be trying it.. My room is only 10x10 with short ceilings.. I'm sure I wouldn't benefit much
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,312
    Ctxx24 wrote: »
    What does anyone think of getting some s60s for the front and moving my 55s to the rear?

in a 10 by 10 room ? overkill....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
    tonyb wrote: »

in a 10 by 10 room ? overkill....

Exactly why I chose not to get em.. Mine sound great
    wkkfc3zea3tj.jpg
    Relocated my s10s from str8 overhead to angled at me and think they sound better..
  • D2Lo wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

I have my front stage polk audio s20's, polk audio s35, and klipsch r-10sw sub. I now have four of the polk audio s10 to place as rear surrounds and side surrounds.

Can you tell me what mount was used?

I would like my wall surrounds to have this same clean look with virtually no wall gap.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,871
    Mostly likely hung using the keyhole slot which is integrated into the power port.
    D2Lo wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

I have my front stage polk audio s20's, polk audio s35, and klipsch r-10sw sub. I now have four of the polk audio s10 to place as rear surrounds and side surrounds.
    7d5xe7pja5uk.jpg

I would like my wall surrounds to have this same clean look with virtually no wall gap.

You they have the built in hole.. I used it on my 10s but I wouldn't think about it with 15 or 20s.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,186
    You they have the built in hole.. I used it on my 10s but I wouldn't think about it with 15 or 20s.
    Do the S20 have a keyhole mount built into the back? I thought they did not.

halo wrote: »
    Not sure about the 20s don't have then.. They are ridiculously huge..i wouldn't use them for rears.. Mains they would be good
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,406
    halo wrote: »

no they do not
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk 80 F/X RT
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,312

You they have the built in hole...

The older I get, the more I ask that question....don't ask me why. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,229
    Nice looking setup! The only thing that concerns me is no airspace above the Marantz receiver to allow it to vent it's heat.
    Synomenon wrote: »
    The S20s are pretty huge for bookshelf speakers and they look almost comical in the Audioengine DS2 stands I put them on, but the stands point the speakers up towards the listeners while not raising them up so high that they block the TV. Tried a couple of the foam stands from Amazon and the quality / finish of the foam stands were all sub-standard.

Got Dayens?
  • I was worried about that too so I cut open the back of that nook in the TV stand the Marantz is in so there would be airflow moving over it either through the front or from the back.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,229
    edited February 27
    Nice. Well, usually they require at least a 3-6"+ or so of air space above the top vents, but maybe since it's their slimline series they run cooler.

As long as you are happy with the temps, then carry on. :)
    Synomenon wrote: »
    I was worried about that too so I cut open the back of that nook in the TV stand the Marantz is in so there would be airflow moving over it either through the front or from the back.

Got Dayens?
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,406
    Could alway find a way to mount one of these to pull air over it https://www.coolerguys.com/collections/cabinet-cooling

These are great if you can fit it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW0G46K?ref=emc_b_5_t
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk 80 F/X RT
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Ctxx24 wrote: »

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

7d5xe7pja5uk.jpg

Thank you for the information. I now have my brand new 5.1.4 media room set up with Polk S20 Fronts, Polk S35 Center, Polk S10 Surrounds, and Polk V60 in ceiling atmos (x4), and Klipsch RS10W subwoofer, all driven by an Onkyo TX-RX920. The signature series sounds amazing, combined with the V60s. The sound envelop is seamless.

All that's left to do is replace furniture, carpet, and paint.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,960
    Congrats and Welcome to Club Polk!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

7d5xe7pja5uk.jpg

Thank you for the information. I now have my brand new 5.1.4 media room set up with Polk S20 Fronts, Polk S35 Center, Polk S10 Surrounds, and Polk V60 in ceiling atmos (x4), and Klipsch RS10W subwoofer, all driven by an Onkyo TX-RX920. The signature series sounds amazing, combined with the V60s. The sound envelop is seamless.

All that's left to do is replace furniture, carpet, and paint.

Awesome man
  • Thank you!

Added the final piece of hardware: Isoacoustics Iso-Pucks.

These really open up the s35 center channel for those that will not wall mount.hez5072azmjk.jpg
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,397
    FWIW. Interesting perspective on the S20 loudspeakers compared to a couple of other recent/current small, low-ish cost darlings, as seen Someplace Else.
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/wharfedale-denton-80th-anniversary-noobie-review.710399/page-3#post-11584387
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,668
    Good move HTGuy! The jump from the TSi/Monitor line to the Signature is more like a giant leap. There is literally no comparison between them.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C