For Sale: BAT VK-200 heavily modified by myself and checked by Victor Khomenko

2»

Comments

• haimochaimoc Posts: 1,013
    Beautiful and very good amplifier.

I might post my BAT VK-30 preamp for sale, too.
  • bikerboybikerboy Posts: 1,136
    I will be visiting friends in Portland soon. Where do you live?
    D:Sonore UltraRendu usb w/LPS-1->Amanero I2S converter ->I2S->TPA Buffalo 9028 w Mercury output dac w Salas ps->BAT VK-51SE w/BP Preamp via XLR to BAT VK-200-> Polk LSiM 703
    A:Dynavector DV-10x5-> Nothingham Spacedeck-> TPA Retro via XLR to Relaixed2;
    :
    V:Vinyl rips-> ESI [email protected]/192
    SACD: Denon 3910
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,293
    I live in Salem. When is soon? I have Wednesday and Thursday off, but work the rest of the week.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    Sorry there was talk of visiting our friends this weekend but that's not happening.
    D:Sonore UltraRendu usb w/LPS-1->Amanero I2S converter ->I2S->TPA Buffalo 9028 w Mercury output dac w Salas ps->BAT VK-51SE w/BP Preamp via XLR to BAT VK-200-> Polk LSiM 703
    :
    No sweat. I can ship it if you are still interested (and I mean that with no pressure, truly).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 384
    Salem?? That's only an hour South of me! Come on tax returns!
    SDA 1C's
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    I need to sell 3 amps, a preamp, and sda2.3 speakers before I can get this amp so I have to get selling.
    :
    No sweat @bikerboy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,619
    bikerboy wrote: »
    I need to sell 3 amps, a preamp, and sda2.3 speakers before I can get this amp so I have to get selling.

By the look of your sale threads, you're serious about this. Get er done!
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    The VK-200 is on hold to be sold to @bikerboy, pending payment. You will love this amp Jeff.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,986
    Yes he will.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

I'm gonna call this one sold to @bikerboy (even though he hasn't paid for it yet) B)

Enjoy this amp Jeff. It will show up tomorrow (2/29).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

What? You didn't get any moneys! Wow, thanks Greg. After pp releases it, it's on it's way to you. Thanks again!!!!
    :
    You bet Jeff. Whenever you get the money out (Paypal releases it) is fine.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

Money finally cleared pp. Thanks Greg
    :
    edited March 1
    Money received Jeff. Thank you; Let us know what you think of the VK-200.

This amplifier is officially sold.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

Been listening for a few hours and sounds great. Real comments in couple of days. Thanks
    :
    Glad it arrived in good shape Jeff. Looking forward to your impressions.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

I just finished a rough build of a TPA 9028 with the Mercury output stage. Sounds great with the BAT amp. With the Buffalo III the amp was a bit bright compared to the Parasound A-21 . The 9028 has only had about a hour to sort out the electrons. So it should sound better tomorrow. These 2.3s do sound incredible.
    :
    edited March 6
    I was just looking for a "review" of the BAT Jeff, and your post showed up. I never found the BAT bright (particularly with the Mundorf S/G/O caps in it). As stated, I have never heard the Parasound A-21, however.

I have a balanced tube output on my DAC (the TPA Buffalo II, I know it's old, but it still works great!), which may be why there is a difference in sound from the BAT. As you said, after burning in the TPA 9028 and Mercury output it will probably sound better.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

2»