LSiM Audyssey Error

Finally got a chance to unpack my Adorama Refurb LSiM 703s and hook up to my AVR. When I went to run Audyssey, I got a "phase error" with detail indicating I had perhaps wired the phase incorrectly on the 703s and 704c.
For 40+ years, I've always wired positive to positive and negative to negative, and triple checked that I had done so this time.
I ignored the error and carried on, then tested the settings on movies, music, TV shows, and the always challenging British TV shows my wife likes.
It sounds terrific to me, but wondering if there is anything unique that I need to consider when hooking these up?

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Nothing to be concerned about, other than to double check manually which you did. Same thing happens for me with multiple receivers and different types of speakers. I just ignore it and go to the next setup step.

I have been curious about what happens if I really would wire the speakers out of phase! But, that would be a waste of time.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Audyssey does that same thing for me with my Denon. It also does it on my "Phase Coherent" Vandersteens. So, I think it is messed up. My Pioneer receivers with their MCACC doesn't give the phase errors.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Yeah, mine is a Denon so maybe something with their set up. Thanks!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    MCACC is way better than Audyssey or YPAO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I experience the same phase thing with Audyssey and MCACC. I prefer the setup with MCACC, mainly because it's annoying to have to move the microphone around with Audyssey.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Thanks for the input. I'll look into MCACC forthwith.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2018
    I've gotta say -- I'd be suspicious of a gizmo that inaccurately detects phase (polarity, to be technically accurate).

What else is it wrong about? I would wonder.

https://www.justmastering.com/article-phase-and-polarity.php
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    I calibrated many types of speakers with Audyssey-old kind and the new multi-xt32 and the only one that tripped the phase was when I incorrectly wired a rear speaker (yep my bad) and when I calibrated an LSi25, the right channel kept tripping it up I triple checked cabling and all was good tried it in reverse and it worked. Very strange I then changed the LSi25 setup removing the amp bridging binding post plates high-level and ran the subs from the L/R pre-out from the receiver and this fixed the phase issue. Maybe it’s the subs?.? Or some sort of reflection delay.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine