Good news/bad news

Good news: Got to spend a few hours this evening listening to my Monitor 10s!

Bad news: They're in the garage. Locked myself out of the house (no entrance from garage). It was about 40 degrees in there. I had just come back from a run, was a bit sweaty, and although it was unseasonably warm today, the outside temperature was dropping quickly.

Good news: There's a kerosene heater out there. Took the chill off, but it was still pretty cool sitting on a beach chair in the middle of the concrete floor. Tunes sounded good, however!

Bad news: Beer and a very hungry cat were both in the house.

Good news: All doors and windows were very secure and could not be opened from the outside. I tried. My wife got home after about 3 hours and rescued me! :)

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If you had Alexa, she could have let you in...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Time for a hide-a- key...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Give it a break, period.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    F1nut wrote: »
    Give it a break, period.

Please be more specific.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I think Jesse wants a KitKat...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    could have

^^^^^ This phrase makes perfect sense.
    could of

^^^^^ This phrase makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Remind me to hire you when I write some sort of thesis on rocket surgery...until then, I'll type what ever the heck I want so neener neener neener!

I admire the great white north sense of independence.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I like the lock on my front door. It unlocks to go out, and you can only lock it outside with a key. Impossible to lock yourself out.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    Give it a break, period.

Please be more specific.

The grammar police thing. Thanks.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I think Jesse wants a KitKat...

I do like one once in a while. :)

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Give it a break, period.

Please be more specific.

A rock could of let you in...

:D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott wrote: »

Uh, oh. My grammar police radar was just activated . :p Actually, my radar "gun" just exploded with that last post. :D
    Than u gotta to right me a tikkit. :D

What do you think, is this thread going more in the "good news" or "bad news" direction? :#
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Viking64
    edited February 2018
    What do you think, is this thread going more in the "good news" or "bad news" direction? :#

After the OP's wife came home and saved him, it has all been "good news". :p

I can understand that to some I look like an angry dinkweed. I spend a few hours a day gleaning all of the technical info my brain can handle, and then I unwind by being silly. Yeah, I understand that some of my silliness comes across as being churlish.

Plus, I am an egotistical, megalomaniacal, perfectionist control freak with excellent editing and reading comprehension skills. That's quite a load to bear. Sew give me a brake (job). :p
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    A rock could of let you in...
    In 2000, when the house was probably about a month old, I walked my girlfriend (now wife) out to her car, and instinctively pulled the door shut. It had one of those locks that you can open from the inside, but it still stays locked. It was also February and below freezing, and I was in a t-shirt, shorts, and socks. I instantly realized there was no other way in, and as soon as she was out of sight, I calmly swung a broom through a window. This time, I saved a couple hundred dollars! :p
  • kharp1 wrote: »

Be careful, Kerry, in dealing with them.

We've all heard of the issue of global warming...global cooling.... global something. Part of the proof of that is the so-called reducing number of polar bears Up North.
    Is that due to global something ? Nope.

It's them gosh darn Canuckistanians, up to their usual mischief and mayhem.

Here's a hint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rINldudyhgk

Is it starting to become clear now ?
    Sure, a person could ask, "How the fudge is a polar bear going to get to Mars ?".

Well, you know that Elon Musk's mom is part-Canadian, right ? And that's just enough for this:

419uxbcsyqv8.jpg

Secret payload my derriere ! What do you think is inside of that "dummy" spacesuit ?
    Not to mention that they have the trunk of that Space Roadster jam packed with polar bears.
    They have been doing this stuff for years ! :o

So just be careful, Kerry, you just never know with them guys.

NOTE: all information contained in this post can be verified on CNN

Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    At least you weren't in your undies...like one of our other member did, won't mention any names but it starts with a T :)

Ha first thing that Came to mind and I mentality pictured it :s

a6nael7xo0ff.jpg

Here is what the OP should invest in, works pretty good unless of course you have a few dogs, as it might take a while to find the right one, been there done that just keep a pair of gloves stashed some where in case. If you have no dogs then your golden B)

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    At least you weren't in your undies...like one of our other member did, won't mention any names but it starts with a T :)

Ha first thing that Came to mind and I mentality pictured it :s

a6nael7xo0ff.jpg

Here is what the OP should invest in, works pretty good unless of course you have a few dogs, as it might take a while to find the right one, been there done that just keep a pair of gloves stashed some where in case. If you have no dogs then your golden B)

I was thinking about doing this before I lock myself out again. Most memorable time was the Sat. night before Easter and I had a couple, or more, drinks prior to hiding eggs in the yard. I locked myself out and everyone was alseep. Luckily....one small window was open but I had to drag my butt up through the window, almost knocking over an RTIA9. Good times.

My question on all these fake devices....such as fake outlets and dog ****...dont burglars look for this type of stuff? Just a thought...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    on topic -- my sympathy, and empathy, to the OP :(
    Being locked out is a crummy feeling, even if it's only an inconvenience.

• headrott
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

We've all heard of the issue of global warming...global cooling.... global something. Part of the proof of that is the so-called reducing number of polar bears Up North.

Here's a hint:

Sure, a person could ask, "How the fudge is a polar bear going to get to Mars ?".

Well, you know that Elon Musk's mom is part-Canadian, right ? And that's just enough for this:

419uxbcsyqv8.jpg

Secret payload my derriere ! What do you think is inside of that "dummy" spacesuit ?
    Not to mention that they have the trunk of that Space Roadster jam packed with polar bears.

Ever think it could be global a$$holeism?? That would be my first guess.
    {emphasis added}

That is just a theory -- it hasn't been proven. Many scientists don't believe it. Well, some scientists. OK, a few scientists...

;)

Partially agree. After all, it's just a theory.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Wow the edit police have been in full force lately. Is there anything we can say?
  • kevhed72
    edited February 2018
    edit of climate change conspiracy theory....and I apologize for the use of another word for dog fecal matter
  • headrott
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Here's a hint:

419uxbcsyqv8.jpg

Ever think it could be global a$$holeism?? That would be my first guess.
    {emphasis added}

That is just a theory -- it hasn't been proven. Many scientists don't believe it. Well, some scientists. OK, a few scientists...

;)

Partially agree. After all, it's just a theory.
    A few scientist whose studies were funded by corporations, perhaps?
    At least we are sure that pollution has no harmful effects on human beings. But I digress and aologize for using another word for dog excrament.

I was being facetious. Granted, I should have used the :p
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• kevhed72
    edited February 2018
    I know....I need to save those for FB, as everyone here is pretty cool.....thus my edited post
  • Viking64
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    This has seriously become the no fun allowed thread. I am beginning to think Kim Jong Un is a new moderator.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

I'll name him, I'm far enough away lol... t o n y b there...not too searchable...I think it's referred to as the "robe incident" :)

Not far enough to avoid a dead fish in your mailbox Ken. :)

never gonna live that one down am I ? Leave it to Ron to bring that sucker up again, man has a memory like an elephant I tell ya.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable