Rediscovering my musical roots...

2»

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,975
    The Beatles are the reason Cream existed in the first place...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,524
    They are also the reason The Monkeys existed.
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Usher Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    And Cream is almost as good as The Monkeys were. Glad we got that sorted out. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• verbverb Posts: 828
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    My favorite band hands down. thank you cousin Tony Dunlap R.I.P.
    We spent many hours in the sweet spot thanks to you o:)
    Queenryche Rules

On my playlist tonight:
    pdacby69vbsh.png
    2CH: Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Carver TFM35x Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,832
    I jammed Warning to Promised Land tonight.
    @verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I jammed Warning to Promised Land tonight.
    @verb

One of my absolute faves! Promised Land!
    2CH: Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Carver TFM35x Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's
    Some Jim Croce and Gordon Lightfoot today.

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 16,114
    Good stuff.
    (both of 'em)
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,043
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Did you know that there's some people that have never gotten goosebumps as a reaction to a great piece of music? It boggles the mind.
    Tony M wrote: »
    So, Were you feeling it like this?
    o9qe9j2pkfbn.jpg

Brings to mind a visit to Treys house. Tom @treitz3 and I were there. We got his Tyler towers (the model escapes me) set up. Fired off the Olympic opening theme song and all hell broke loose....Both Tom and myself had to step outside and catch our breath. THAT!......gave us the goosebumps.

It just felt like I was the conductor of the orchestra.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 4,054

"The wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" ALWAYS fills my wall with sound. The speakers disappear and the wall becomes the speaker panel. Fantastic song and recording!!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?

"The wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" ALWAYS fills my wall with sound. The speakers disappear and the wall becomes the speaker panel. Fantastic song and recording!!

We Michiganders remember the crew every year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Edmund_Fitzgerald
    edited February 2
    Thanks for the link. Very thorough indeed. The best video and the best link to the history of the ship, crew, and Captain.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    edited February 2
    iqx3lowezh57.jpg

xsm3hoabf4vl.png

"Diggin up Bones" was one of the instrumental songs that made me go ahead and marry my wife. I used to drive through his little hometown quite often. My Mom LOVED his style. She'd leave my dad for him if he asked her she used to joke. :D
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,564
    An instrumental with lyrics? Fascinating. :o

1rf5lspbsyah.jpg
    Instrumental meaning from the Dictionary;

Instrumental is defined as necessary or helpful, or relating to musical instruments.

;) :D
    edited February 4
    I think the first song I ever liked was this one. I still love echo effects to this day! Like southern Swamp style music has. Steel Guitar slides too.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 345
    Was going through my library today, setting up a drive for the Oppo, and loaded it with all kinds of music of different eras, genres, etc.
    What hit me the most (nostalgia-wise) was all the "hippie era" music like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, The Doors, Donovan, etc.
    I picked up this music second hand from my older sister who was at the right age to ride the tail end of the hippie years, and remained a music lover until she passed away almost two years ago.
    Memories of her strumming her guitar along to "Mellow Yellow" brought a smile to my face.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Teac AI3000 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 TT w/Denon DL110; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,564
    I am a huge Elvis fan (6'2", 255 pounds). I bet I can still name all 31 of his movies where he played a different character (other than himself). :p I love to drag out my Elvis CD's and play random, obscure songs of his. I am always surprised at how well I know almost every lyric, even 30-plus years later.

I just heard "More Than a Feeling" by Boston. That's one song that really brings me back to a special place. Oddly enough, that is also the subject matter of the song itself. I would name more songs, but I would probably never stop typing.
    edited February 9
    I liked "More Than a Feeling" a lot myself. Great lyrics! and music!

" Foreplay" & "Long Time" combo..on CD was played a lot here and across the street at a buds house and garage to test new speakers.

Boston doesn't have any "long time ago" memories associated with them for me, but sure does from 15 or fewer years ago! A true Volume Test Track for us, many times!
    Boston, Styx, Kansas, Foreigner, among others did it for me in my musical formative years in high school. For those that grew up in Chicago during the mid late 70's, in the height of the disco vs. rock-n-roll debate. A local radio station decided to exhibit the demolition of disco records prior to a White Sox game at Comiskey Park. It totally destroyed a big chunk of the field, and the crowd
    (I amongst them) then rushed the field. The game had to be cancelled! Wow! Memory Lane! Today you could never do this!
    z2vfq5dvfk3y.png

edited February 9
    That was like a downsized Woodstock gathering. Largest White Socks crowd in history.LOL. I saw in that clip that that DJ got blamed for ending Disco music.LOL.

What a memory you must have from that day! :p B)

I still LOVE Donna Summers Voice on her Disco, R&B and Funk songs! I used to use her greatest hits CD to test speakers too. I rocked and/or Discoed my Polk RT3000P's to her stuff years ago. 15 years or so. Then came Boston.. B)
    Somehow, disco doesn't seem as bad to me looking back as it did at the time.
    :|
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

I prefer the Funk side of disco. Going to see Morris Day and the Time in March. I haven't seen them since I was getting in for free at !st Avenue in Minneapolis.

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 908
    I prefer the Funk side of disco. Going to see Morris Day and the Time in March. I haven't seen them since I was getting in for free at !st Avenue in Minneapolis.

I was just cranking the 1.2tl’s to him a minute ago.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Somehow, disco doesn't seem as bad to me looking back as it did at the time.
    :|

I'm glad I wasn't rich during that time.

I probably would've needed rehabbing, if you know what I mean ;) .
    That was like a downsized Woodstock gathering. Largest White Socks crowd in history.LOL. I saw in that clip that that DJ got blamed for ending Disco music.LOL.

What a memory you must have from that day! :p B)

I still LOVE Donna Summers Voice on her Disco, R&B and Funk songs! I used to use her greatest hits CD to test speakers too. I rocked and/or Discoed my Polk RT3000P's to her stuff years ago. 15 years or so. Then came Boston.. B)

Yeah good memories, but funny that I haven't reflected on that day for quite some time. Foolishness of youth, but still I gotta smile!

Confession - I did/do enjoy Donna Summer, and yes, the BeeGee's !
    I'm a-sittin' here on a dreary New England February Saturday (Melville & his damp, drizzly November of the soul hadn't seen nothin'!) listenin' to Three Dog Night.

Back from Saturday errands. Takin my Honey shopping, obligatory lunch, etc. Down the hatch into the basement to Powergrab my 1C's. Hmmm, need motivational music. Maybe Styx Grand Illusion...
2»