Magnifi Mini Spotify cracking

I've had my magnifi mini for about a month now. Since day 1 I noticed that certain songs casted from Spotify have a strange cracking sound (perfect example is Exit Music for a Film by Radiohead). If I play through any other source i.e. Bluetooth/aux from my phone, I do not have the issue. Even casting from other music sources do not have this issue, ONLY casting from Spotify. It's extremely annoying and makes some songs sound absolutely horrible. Last week I received a replacement unit but still have this issue. Anyone have this problem on their unit? Again, I'd recommend Exit Music for a Film by Radiohead to test if your speaker has this issue. It's quite obvious once Thom starts singing.

Comments

• Has anyone tried testing this? 3 months later and I still have the issue with both original and replacement units.
  • Hey! I have the same problem on my soundbar. I've tried the same song as you, and it sound horrible. I sent my soundbar in for a replacement but got denied, and they said they didnt' hear the sound. Have you fixed your problem?
  • nkawar
    nkawar Posts: 3
    Unfortunately I have not. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else complain about this after almost a year. I've pretty much stopped casting music to the sound bar indefinitely which sucks as that was the main reason I bought it!

Anyway, let me know if you find a way to fix it. I'm thinking of dumping this sound bar and likely not look at Polk again in the future.
  • Very frustrating! "Quality" sound bar does this crap sound issues. Mine is the same, only spotyfi making songs almost unlistenable with that harsh high frequency sound.
    The issue can be little bit solved by reducing audio quality on the app. But that defeats all purpose to buy premium sound system?
  • chaker
    chaker Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    I just bought the Magnifi Mini and I have this problem too. But it seems to occur only with Spotify.
    For example, on this song:
    https://open.spotify.com/track/3hwBAnHkAHXhy1J3FpfNmA

Strangely enough, the very same song played on Deezer sounds OK.
    So it seems to be a Spotify issue - but I wonder, how Polk support couldn't repdoruce this issue. Maybe it happens only on some devices, or maybe they tried the same song, but not on Spotify?

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Sounds to me like the problem is with Spotify. I would use another app.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Radoslaw
    Radoslaw Posts: 1
    The problem still exists. Did somebody find the solution?