Do you ever reminisce about the old days?

13»

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,021
    edited January 31
    Just like Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, if it works well to help people with pain that over the counter pills can't quite releive, ailments, stress and insomnia and keeps people from drinking alcohol, it must be banned, per lawmakers.

I've heard a long time ago, a lot of politicians have stock in Alcohol Companies. I'm serious about this too. Look into the Kennedy's stock shares in Jack Daniels for one.

The opioid crisis is not a crisis, it's people who have more serious issues to where they want to escape reality to forget about their situations crisis.

I know of 2 friends whose children who died from HEROIN overdoses. They were hanging with the wrong people to begin with for one. the other reasons I don't know. Maybe it's fashionable to get zonked out of your minds everyday for some. But their parents are great people in a way.

I've heard an actress, director say in an interview she also said the banning of Quallude was a medical mistake because of the millions that used them for one reason or another back in the 70's. I guess alcohol sales were dieing so something had to go.

For me, a 60 year old to get hydrocodone from my doctors's office, they had a SCAM to test my blood EVERY FRIKN MONTH for other illisit drugs BECAUSE it's supposed to be a new FEDERAL LAW to stop abuse. IT"S BS. A HUGE smoke screen for $$$$$$$ to be made.
    How many people die or kill others from alcohol abuse. I never heard of a heroin addict kill another while high. Heck, they can't move. It's heroin that is the problem, and maybe Fentinol is to get some of the blame here for real. They busted a drug ring in my town. What did they have, Heroin and 2.5 lbs. of Fentinol. The cops said it was enough Fentinol to kill everybody in New Hanover County...100,000+ people. :o

The docs. private facility was charging my insurance Co. 20,000.00 for a frikn blood test. I wasn'r charged a thing because the insurance Co. never sent a bill to me for it. The Insurance Co. just paid a reduced amount of 15,000.00 for two of the tests. The Doctors office would fluctuate the costs by supposedly using different labs from ACROSS the Country to avoid the red flagging of their practices.

These private and maybe big hospitals also are using this " opioid crisis" BS to get Millions and millions into their accounts and a lot of people don't even know it. But a 70 year old man that was charged that didn't have the plan we do and he was stuck with haveing to pay 7,000.00 for a frikn blood test for illicit drugs.

I call BS on the government and medical facilities for fleecing us "The elderly" for kids rampant "looking for a high" addictions.West Virginia Pharmacy received 2,000,000,000 hydrocodone or Oxycoton pills for a town of 200. Where was the frikn Governmental medical review board while this was happening?? Give me a break!

My brother in law needed something to calm him down from the stress of his surrounding home life. He was 64. The VA didn't give him anything that stopped him from suiside. Maybe there was nothing, but I believe Quallude would've helped him alot in my limited knowledge of his issue.

Sorry for my rant again!

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,614
    edited January 31
    Alright settle down.

This thread is about old days meaning speakers and audio equipment of before.

This is not a spot for ranting about unrelated topics.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,961

You're right. Sorry...
    Here's one from the past that helped me through some tough times . I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did and still do.

Doctor My Eyes
    Jackson Browne
    Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
    And the slow parade of fears without crying
    Now I want to understand
    I have done all that I could
    To see the evil and the good without hiding
    You must help me if you can
    Doctor, my eyes
    Tell me what is wrong
    Was I unwise to leave them open for so long
    'Cause I have wandered through this world
    And as each moment has unfurled
    I've been waiting to awaken from these dreams
    People go just where there will
    I never noticed them until I got this feeling
    That it's later than it seems
    Doctor, my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    I hear their cries
    Just say if it's too late for me
    Doctor, my eyes
    Cannot see the sky
    Is this the prize for having learned how not to cry
    Songwriters: JACKSON BROWNE
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 782
    edited February 1
    I do. In fact I was just looking through some of my old threads when I was super pumped about buying brand new Monitor 70's 7 years ago and that moved quickly to LSI15's and so on and so forth. Been one hell of a fun ride. My first set of real speakers was a set of use RT800's I got for 100 bucks in 2008ish when I was 19. Real good times
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

• verbverb Posts: 3,304
    I go back right to HS when I play this album:
    61ks7u7554ly.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • EarthyEarthy Posts: 484
    I played that album (Kansas Leftoverture) over and over way back when. When a song comes on the radio, I am disappointed the next one from the album is not up.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    Polk LSiM 707, 706c, 703, 705
    Polk Blackstone TL3 for height
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Polk Audio LS70, CS350LS, LSF/X, S4
    Onkyo TX-NR808

Brings me back to some GREAT days when a friend would play Kansas ( he turned me on to them and ELP and Manfred manns's Earth band music.) in this great room over his dads' antique shop way out in the country. Right around the corner from the Belmont Boogie building in Va.. He had a Fisher tube amp he would warm up, he had a Leslie organ speaker with the rotating horn tweeter/midrange I guess that he'd warm up. He had 2 speakers with 4-12's , maybe 5 -5" mid's and 2-horns in each speaker. He'd warm up his fingers on the dual-sided, dual leveled keyboard set-up. A lot of fast warmup stuff but not loud. He also had a TT. I don't know what it was. He'd then put an album on ( after we smoked and drank some tequila sunrises before the testing to see if all was right with the keyboards ) and start to play keyboards JUST LIKE the song had. It was like watching a live concert keyboardist while hearing a live concert volume stereo. I have some cool memories hanging out there and his dad looked just like Santa Clause. Just like him! Danny could play the keyboards as well as anybody!

Good times, but times were just getting ready to hit the fan life wise. But Man could he play. He took piano lessons since he could walk so there was NOTHING he couldn't hear and then repeat it after a little practicing. I heard Kansas for the first time on those huge Speakers. What a system it was! That album has been in rotation for 40 years almost wherever I've lived.

"Dust in the Wind" and "Point of No Return" 2 of my favorites!
    Anyone remember these? One of my fave toys growing up. Yes as a lot of middle age men do acquire these toys to bring back memories, to proudly display on a shelf in the man cave.
    9cmbbgmxptr1.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    I don't.
    They must have been way out of my price range.
    Tony M wrote: »
    I don't.
    They must have been way out of my price range.

Nah. I got that for Christmas one year among the obligatory socks, underwear, etc.!
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,396
    Kansas "Leftoverture" is one of my top 5 albums of all time. It's timeless.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
13»