Polk Signature Series S15

Used for a couple months in a bedroom system until I stumbled across a pair of 55s. Like new with original box & manual. Shipping from zip 19341, local pick-up near Exton or Reading PA.

$80 plus shipping. Shipping should be pretty reasonable via my company's UPS account.

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Nobody needs a nice pair of bookies or surrounds for short money? You guys aren't going to make me take pictures, are you? Nothing exotic here. They look like a pair of S15's that just came out of the box.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    That's indeed a nice price, Dave.

Combine these with the NAD integrated I have for sale and you got yourself a cake.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I've been curious how these would compare to my beloved RT25i...
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    But not sure I can afford the therapy these speakers will need after what they'd've been exposed to in their previous lives, given the placement history.

I suppose if the grills were on, it would have offered them some protection.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    msg wrote: »
    But not sure I can afford the therapy these speakers will need after what they'd've been exposed to in their previous lives, given the placement history.

I suppose if the grills were on, it would have offered them some protection.

Yikes. I was considering these. Now I can't unsee
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I feel like I'm missing something, and I'm glad.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I am very tempted to try these out Dave, I just don't have any use for them.

GLWS!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    I would love to replace my RM8's with these, but I doubt I have the room. I'm fighting an uphill battle with WAF and the placement of my RM8's is suboptimal to say the least, and barely big enough for those small speakers. I just jotted down the dimensions of the S15's and will check it out when I get home, but I'm not hopeful.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • DaveHo
    Buy! Buy! Buy!

psbqw9o357g5.jpg
    7q0eguldevux.jpg
    m7sm80eyxsy2.jpg
    566g7nz6x4ao.jpg
    xg1d2drm6m11.jpg
    73oactjbso7u.jpg
    q3hxk31z2m4j.jpg
    2us72jig2uzi.jpg
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Hmmm ... similar finish to the 704c I just picked up. Wonder how they'd get along and how much of an upgrade vs my R20 fronts (which I'm not fond of)?
  • DaveHo
    They have more in common with the LsiM than not. Signature series has a little more energy up top and are a bit less revealing. In a home theater situation I think they would mesh nicely. Would be a definite step up from the R series.
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Nope, just not gonna happen. I'm stuck with these little **** until we move
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • Dave, could you let me know how much shipping might be to 16877.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • PM sent.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    @mark090852 are you still near State College? If so, I’m going to be in Harrisburg all week and if @DaveHo is willing to meet somewhere within a half hour or so of his hometown I’ll pony them back to central PA for you.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    scubalab wrote: »
    @mark090852 are you still near State College? If so, I’m going to be in Harrisburg all week and if @DaveHo is willing to meet somewhere within a half hour or so of his hometown I’ll pony them back to central PA for you.
    Since you are going to be in Harrisburg, I thought I would recommend an Amish restaurant there where we ate in 1978. :)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Other than their potato salad, what would typical Amish fare be? :D I prefer restaurants whose names typically end in an "i"... DaVinci's on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg is usually a definite stop for me!

Dave/Mark, let me know if I can help make a sale happen! These should not still be here at this price!
  • @scubalab
    scubalab wrote: »

Thanks for the offer Al. Yes, I still am near State College most of the time. Will be full time in Colorado next year, but until then...

Regarding the speakers, I'm waiting to hear back from Dave. He has some others that showed an interest ahead of me. I'm in the "queue" but may not make it to the head of the line! Also, my wife, Susan, will be traveling to South Jersey in a couple of weeks and she might be able to meet up with Dave to pick up the speakers if I am the one who gets to buy them. But thanks so much for the offer.

• DaveHo
    @daboyz , @Jaybeez , @mark090852 Sorry for the delay in getting shipping quotes. I'm not exactly sure what the process is, but the computer my company's shipping department uses to process UPS shipments took a nose dive & they are unable to process UPS shipments which would include generating quotes. Hopefully later today...
  • DaveHo
    Sold. Thanks, David!