Sony SCD-C333ES SACD/CD Player

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
edited October 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is a CD and Super Audio CD 5 disc changer that is built like a tank. Sony ES quality and works excellent. Comes with remote and I'm sure I have the original box somewhere I will find it as well as double box it..

Here are a couple of reviews that can explain all of the specs and details:

http://www.onhifi.com/product/sony_scdc333es.htm

$150 shipped I'll cover the PayPal fees.

Thanks!!
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This is a very good ES level CDP from Sony. Between this one and the SCD-C555ES, its one of the most after market modified multi-spinners on the used market. At $150 shipped it's a bargain. You'll get almost everything you would from the 555ES with less overhead. A couple easy immediate upgrades would be to pop the top, dampen the chassis top, sides and everywhere else you can neatly drop some Dynamat in....and secondly, add an IEC outlet for power cable choices.

If you want to step it up, the OP AMP conversion is not rocket science and another easy mod that seriously takes this level of players from Sony to another cooler level. I know Sony doesn't make you think exotic but the magic of almost every Sony CDP since the 80's is the ease of modifications, ease of upgrades to the OP AMPS and the fact they don't ever impart any useful sonic impurities to the output signal. To me, that's a good thing. I don't need my CDP to do anything but spin and play the disc properly. If I want to color up the sound, add some flavor, or truly change the end result? I'll handle that in a far more important component like the DAC or Pre-Amp if you're keeping it simple.

The best thing about Sony transports is reliablity and the fact the playback is sterile and untouched for the most part. I'm sure some will argue some issue as usual but they are some of the best transports to use for source media, which allows you to spend more money further down the chain where the real magic happens.

Good luck, nice player.

Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have had one of these for more than 6-years. For pure sound quality (in unmodified state), it is actually better than the C555ES. The only thing the 555 has going for it is multichannel. Yes, the 333 is strictly 2-ch stereo like all 1st gen Sony SACD players. This was when Sony was trying to prove to the world how great the technology was. It is way overbuilt. The adjustable filters are great as well, and is a feature that was dropped in later models.

Stereophile liked it as well:
    http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/401sony/index.html
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to buy the sony. I had a low end es years ago that was nice . It will be good to hear what this one is like and the wife has been asking about a 5 dics cd player for a while. Pm me your address and I can send the $$. Thanks
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sold. Money sent.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sold!!

Will ship out tomorrow..

Thanks!!
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Oops, updated the wrong thread!

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050