FS: NAD 3150 Integrated Amplifier

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,185
edited March 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm selling a nice NAD 3150.

I'm switching out some stuff in my desktop rig, so here is another component from that setup. I've owned 3 different NAD Amps/receivers from this era (3140, 3150 and 7175PE and this was my favorite. The 7175 was more powerful, but the 3150 has a warmer sound and I didn't really need the tuner.

I've had this for a couple years. When I bought it, the plastic holding the rear RCAs were cracking and some had come loose from the board. The plastic from this era can be brittle and this was one of the weak links in NADs. I upgraded all of the rear panel RCAs with superior gold plated cardas style connectors. Each is soldered with solid copper core wire into the board. The are mounted on a lexan sheet and screwed to the steel back plate. It should hold for the life of this unit. It was a tedious job, but I was very happy with the results.

Also, the speaker terminals are not original. The original owner changed out the spring clips (which are also easy to break) to a screw terminal. I had plans to change it to banana style 5-way terminals, but I never got around to it. The screw terminals really work quite well.

When I received it, I cleaned everything with deoxit. NAD from this era have always had a reputation for scratchy volume and balance. This one is pretty good, but it needs to be cleaned with deoxit about every year or so. I will clean it again before selling.

This is one of the "twin transformer" amps from the era and are really superior to most of the later NAD gear. Weighs in at over 20 lbs. Will pack with care and make it nearly bomb proof.

Comes with Owners Manual, Brochure, and a printed copy of the Service Manual.

I'm asking $145+ shipping.

Actual photos below, taken today. Click for larger version.

drbzsp7vgxb6.jpg

fw20bvosc1al.jpg

9r2twl5xocpa.jpg

2d1z093jedt4.jpg

g870ybtx6o3u.jpg

p1qzkhes9woa.jpg

mekulgm1a2uf.jpg

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• billbillw
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I guess I should have put some specs in. It is rated at 50W x 2 into 8 ohms with tons of dynamic headroom. Has a phono input with adjustable loading adjustable for MM/MC and capacitance. Has pre-out/main in, two tape in/outs, a tuner and and aux input. So really 4 line level inputs and a phono. The preamp portoion has a sub filter, loudness, low/high volume range, loudness, a speaker EQ (boosts 55Hz), tone controls, etc. Overall, a very capable integrated amplifier.
  • billbillw
    Options
    No interest? Might have to list it on the bay...lord help me...
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    It's only been a day.

Things seem to sit longer these days in the FM, unless it's something really desirable. I'd let it sit for awhile unless you're in a hurry to sell.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I'm very interested. the lack of banana plugs gives me pause, and the power might be a bit lower, but I had an 80 wpc Nad and it was awesome, so I'm sure this is really nice as well!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    It's only been a day.

Things seem to sit longer these days in the FM, unless it's something really desirable. I'd let it sit for awhile unless you're in a hurry to sell.

H9
    +1, agree here with H9, hopefully someone will jump on this soon.

• billbillw
    Options
    Yeah, I guess I'm used to the old days when my stuff usually sold in a day if it was priced right. The last NAD I posted (71715PE) sold before I finished editing it.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Don't be afraid to make offers. I'd like to have it packed up by the weekend.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Sold
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Congrats guys on the sale, a very fine piece of gear.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Wasn't anyone here unfortunately.
  • KathyAH827
    Options
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Really?!?!?
    billbillw wrote: »
    Sold
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Congrats guys on the sale, a very fine piece of gear.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited February 2018
    Options
    +1

Can we please ban first time posters in F/S threads?!
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    Good deal Glad it sold as I would not have to do something stupid. I have owned almost every NAD integrated and the 3140 and 3150 are in the top 5. The 3155 is kind of a warm thin sound . The 3140 and 3150 have cleaner images with body to them.