Help me design my new man cave!

Options
124»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not true... the reason Father McKenzie darns (fixes the holes) in his socks with nobody there is to make certain nobody sees their true color.

Father McKenzie, writing the words
    Of a sermon that no one will hear
    No one comes near
    Look at him working, darning his socks
    In the night when there's nobody there
    What does he care
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    nspindel wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I'm sending them all back! :p

I'll take it all back!!!

Too late. I painted everything orange and black.

How did you find black paint?!

It's not a true black. Looks more like a very deep Slate Grey.
    Try squinting.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Where's toolfan
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,386
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Anyone know how well the engineered hardwood would do acoustically? If it were laid down as a floating floor as opposed to gluing it down, would it matter? Probably overthinking things, but I only get to do this once!

This is just the outer edge of the rabbit hole......the floor! Oh crap.... the floor! LOL you are in big trouble now!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Well usually there is a soft barrier between it and the old floor. For all intents and purposes it should be no different that any other hard floor.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    I ended up going with solid 3/4". There's an acoustic underlayment to try and keep things quiet. From what I can tell, it doesn't do a whole lot. Things are just about done upstairs, I'm going to start bringing stuff back from storage this weekend. Still need to build the wet bar, we'll do that at the same time we get a bathroom finished downstairs. But meanwhile it's time to move in!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    Options
    I brought some stuff home from storage tonight. 1 truck load, just enough to get loud. But then a bottle of bourbon got in the way.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Must have been some damn good bourbon! :o

Or, could it be.... The Yankees in spring training? :)
  • nspindel
    Options
    That night it was the bourbon. Things got loud real quickly after that. Still really getting set up in there, but doing some traveling soon. I’m definitely going to take some photos soon.