surround speaker height

I have FXIA6 for side surrounds & RTIA3 for rear surrounds. My question is what height should these speaker be placed? Also does anybody know any speaker stands that will work for these speakers?

Answers

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    chains7 wrote: »
    I have FXIA6 for side surrounds & RTIA3 for rear surrounds. My question is what height should these speaker be placed? Also does anybody know any speaker stands that will work for these speakers?

The height varies. Personally I was told it was 2-3 feet ABOVE the listeners ears, but that was years ago and now I believe it is the standard to mount them LEVEL with the ears, especially if going 7.1 like it appears you are.

However if that is not possible, I've had my LSi F/X's mounted about 6 1/2 feet high for years and they still sound awesome.

If you can wallmount them, thats the easiest option. I'm guessing thats not the case since your asking about speaker stands.

I'm not sure whats out there that will work, I'm sure someone will post soon with better suggestions there.

So short answer: Ear height preferred, but if not you can go higher without it being a huge deal.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions let us know!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I'm a fan of higher up. I hate actually being able to pinpoint a sound in the rear field. I've for Lsi FX mounted 6ft or so up and behind the listening position on the side. My walls are at a 45 degree angle so it's not perfect but I like not being able to tell there are speakers back there. It's more immersive.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited August 2017
    Some pics of my speakers mounted
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Some pics of my speakers mounted

Thats a nice vacuum cleaner, your rugs are clean!!