PSW108

Off, on, auto. On auto, green light is on. When tv/soundbar shut off after a while, is the green light suppose to turn red?

Answers

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 106
    I think that that probably means that the sub has turned itself off in order to save you money on your power bill. A lot of subs do this, but with all of the Polk subs I have had experience with they don’t turn red. But a lot of subs do, like my Velodyne sub, and many other subs. Does it turn green when you turn on your music and it receives signal?
    Music setup: sources
    Sony DVP-NC85H
    Apple tablet
    Other equipment:
    Yamaha rx-v665 reciever
    Crown XLi 800 amplifier
    Polk LSi 25 loudspeakers

Computer setup: sources
    Sony DVP-NS700P
    Lenovo g50
    Other equipment:
    Onkyo tx-v940 integrated amplifier
    Boston Acoustics cr75 loudspeakers
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,383
    Middlebush wrote: »
    Off, on, auto. On auto, green light is on. When tv/soundbar shut off after a while, is the green light suppose to turn red?

Yep, red means it's turned itself off if the switch is in the Auto position. It'll turn green when it turns itself on, also it'll be green if the switch is in the ON position.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    You would think Polk would use the same functionality across all their amps, that way no one would get confused... my LSi amps and my friends PSW10 stay green all the time no matter where their switch Is set. If I was making these subs, I’d make them all have the same functionality so that I could use the same parts, but maybe there is something I’m missing...

Micah
    Sony DVP-NC85H
    Apple tablet
    Other equipment:
    Yamaha rx-v665 reciever
    Crown XLi 800 amplifier
    Polk LSi 25 loudspeakers

Sony DVP-NS700P
    Lenovo g50
    Other equipment:
    Onkyo tx-v940 integrated amplifier
    Boston Acoustics cr75 loudspeakers
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,795
    The days of the Model T are long gone.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

True...
    Sony DVP-NC85H
    Apple tablet
    Other equipment:
    Yamaha rx-v665 reciever
    Crown XLi 800 amplifier
    Polk LSi 25 loudspeakers

Sony DVP-NS700P
    Lenovo g50