Great bands/performers you just can't fall in love with.

123457»

Comments

• motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,311
    edited April 2017
    ^^Because Gene put his tongue in it.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Memes are sign language of the ignorant for the ignorant

We used to lock the up the mental case to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,685
    I loved Ace Frehley's solo LP.

c8at777jor0k.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,596
    edited April 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »

c8at777jor0k.jpg

It was by far the best and he was without doubt the most-talented of the group.

Have you ever seen him in an interview though? His laugh was so annoying!
    POLK AUDIO SRT
    (Signature Reference Theater)

2rqdrna.jpg s6k686.jpg 11rgneu.jpg
    SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (4) SRT Subs & Satellites
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (2) SRT Control Centers w/Remote
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Pioneer Elite SC-09TX AVR
    Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray
    Pioneer Elite BDP-33FD Blu-Ray (Region-Free)
    Custom HTPC w/Multi-Lane SATA Hot-Swapable Drive RAID Tower
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,975
    Because Cher sucks too...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,832
    edited April 2017
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I also agree with you on the solo albums, Gene's was the worst, and why Cher put her voice in it? I will never understand...
    Thats an easy one Gene was putting the tool to her and bought her houses. She was no dummy follow the money.
    Yep the first albums were by for the best. I played the first alive album so much i think my needle punched right through and i was left with spaghetti on the floor. Geesh 1976 I was in 6th grade a looong way from going to those long haired concerts as my countryfied parents called them. I do not recall kiss ever coming close to Bloomington most likely Chicago was the closest but my parents were never going to spend any money on that i assure you.:)
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 255
    Because Cher sucks too...

Yeah, I know, Sonny told me.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
    edited April 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »

c8at777jor0k.jpg

It was by far the best and he was without doubt the most-talented of the group.

Have you ever seen him in an interview though? His laugh was so annoying!

Yep it was the best and those albums are worth a mint if you have the originals. The makeup actually helped Ace he's one ugly ****:)
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,136
    edited April 2017
    Cher is wuss music. Like Warrant.

| Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,596
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The makeup actually helped Ace he's one ugly ****:)

They are all butt-ugly mothers!! Take away Gene Simmons' and Paul Stanley's money and they'd be lucky get dogs to play with them if they had pork chops tied around their necks.
    POLK AUDIO SRT
    (Signature Reference Theater)

2rqdrna.jpg s6k686.jpg 11rgneu.jpg
    SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (4) SRT Subs & Satellites
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (2) SRT Control Centers w/Remote
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Pioneer Elite SC-09TX AVR
    Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray
    Pioneer Elite BDP-33FD Blu-Ray (Region-Free)
    Custom HTPC w/Multi-Lane SATA Hot-Swapable Drive RAID Tower
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 16,114
    I feel the need to confess that I am, as I type this, sitting here listening to Close to the Edge on the original vinyl I bought way back when.

z2fpzol07x21.jpg
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,735
    edited January 27
    Yes it is done playing -flip it over Doc! ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    edited January 27
    it sure was ;)
    I waited 'til the outro to turn Japanese (so to speak...).
    Thus the fun of a fully manual tt (without even a cue lever -- damped cueing is for sissies!)

No, I changed records -- I didn't have the stamina to listen to the title track :p
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,564
    I would answer the question posed in the original post, but it would take me 3 or 4 hours to type it all out and I have a big Polk speaker to put back together.
  • shawn474shawn474 Posts: 2,738
    The Beatles
    Shawn
    Pre-Amp: Marantz AV-7005 Pre
    Amp: B&K AV5000 Series II
    Center Channel: Polk LSI C (soon to be LsiM706c)
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung LN46B640
    DVD Player: Sony BDP-S1000ES
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 545
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Beatles

I would suggest you continue to listen. Abby Road, The White Album and Let It Be....
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

• Tony MTony M Posts: 4,054
    Jethro Tull ..
    I like a few but when I was going to buy "Songs from the wood" box set, I sampled it and turned green. Thank God I sampled a lot of those songs.

I'll stick to my Jethro's greatest hits CD. It's actually pretty good!

Also, The Boss.... I lost a neighbor because I dissed the Boss. I said yea he's cool but his lyrics are soooo Frikn repetitive, I question the songwriter's intelligence. Has anybody counted how many times the Boss says " Born in the USA "? in that song. Also my neighbor is a Hillary hater and who did the Boss team up with in 2016? I haven't brought that up yet. I might just let it die...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • verbverb Posts: 828
    Tony M wrote: »
    Jethro Tull ..
    I like a few but when I was going to buy "Songs from the wood" box set, I sampled it and turned green. Thank God I sampled a lot of those songs.

I'll stick to my Jethro's greatest hits CD. It's actually pretty good!

Also, The Boss.... I lost a neighbor because I dissed the Boss. I said yea he's cool but his lyrics are soooo Frikn repetitive, I question the songwriter's intelligence. Has anybody counted how many times the Boss says " Born in the USA "? in that song. Also my neighbor is a Hillary hater and who did the Boss team up with in 2016? I haven't brought that up yet. I might just let it die...

Agree about the Boss...musically of course.

But you do make a very good point. A lot of artists nowadays will flaunt their political views in your face. I find that distracting and annoying...
    2CH: Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Carver TFM35x Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 4,054
    I'm glad I didn't watch it. I'd have a broken TV today. LOL.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Beatles

At Vegas this past December we watched Cirque du Soleil's "Beatles" - pure torture!!! At least it affirmed my indifference to the Beatles...
    2CH: Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Carver TFM35x Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,564
    I haven't bothered watching The Grammys since 1989 when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for Best Metal Album. :D
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I haven't bothered watching The Grammys since 1989 when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for Best Metal Album. :D

I remember that!!! Still protesting???
    Jethro Tull is no Metallica but they put on a great show. Had the pleasure of meeting when they came to town in the early 90's. I believe the steel monkey tour steel something tour....
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 544
    verb wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    I liked Johnny Depp in a way. But after he mentioned assassinating a US president, one that's trying to better this Country, was over the top. Now I don't want to watch a single movie he stars in!
    He should've kept his Assinine Assassin thought to himself as far as I'm concerned. Sure, he can dislike the Pres. but these beheading and racist bull just takes it too far.

Yeah I'm with ya. Not that I'm a grammy awards regular viewer, more like never, but last night's viewership was the lowest ever!!! Hmmm...wonder why???

3 hours of a bunch of self-important egomaniacs kissing each others rear ends and telling each other how great they are - sprinkled with unfunny humor and for the most part horrible “musical” numbers.... what’s not to like?

I never understood why these people seem to want to advertise their political views. I’ll never forget my uncle growing up - he was a plumber and an avid Clinton supporter. I once asked him why he never talked about politics outside the house. His response was genius - “why would I risk alienating half of my customers just to talk politics?” Besides he said, “there are far better things to talk about.”

Amen
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,607
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    it sure was ;)
    I waited 'til the outro to turn Japanese (so to speak...).
    Thus the fun of a fully manual tt (without even a cue lever -- damped cueing is for sissies!)

No, I changed records -- I didn't have the stamina to listen to the title track :p

What you do when you're alone is your business.

BUT...adding the last part is just too much info. :D :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    "so to speak"... ;)

123457»