Great bands/performers you just can't fall in love with.

123457»

Comments

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The makeup actually helped Ace he's one ugly ****:)

They are all butt-ugly mothers!! Take away Gene Simmons' and Paul Stanley's money and they'd be lucky get dogs to play with them if they had pork chops tied around their necks.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I feel the need to confess that I am, as I type this, sitting here listening to Close to the Edge on the original vinyl I bought way back when.

z2fpzol07x21.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2018
    Yes it is done playing -flip it over Doc! ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2018
    it sure was ;)
    I waited 'til the outro to turn Japanese (so to speak...).
    Thus the fun of a fully manual tt (without even a cue lever -- damped cueing is for sissies!)

No, I changed records -- I didn't have the stamina to listen to the title track :p
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would answer the question posed in the original post, but it would take me 3 or 4 hours to type it all out and I have a big Polk speaker to put back together.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    The Beatles
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Beatles

I would suggest you continue to listen. Abby Road, The White Album and Let It Be....
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Jethro Tull ..
    I like a few but when I was going to buy "Songs from the wood" box set, I sampled it and turned green. Thank God I sampled a lot of those songs.

I'll stick to my Jethro's greatest hits CD. It's actually pretty good!

Also, The Boss.... I lost a neighbor because I dissed the Boss. I said yea he's cool but his lyrics are soooo Frikn repetitive, I question the songwriter's intelligence. Has anybody counted how many times the Boss says " Born in the USA "? in that song. Also my neighbor is a Hillary hater and who did the Boss team up with in 2016? I haven't brought that up yet. I might just let it die...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    Jethro Tull ..
    I like a few but when I was going to buy "Songs from the wood" box set, I sampled it and turned green. Thank God I sampled a lot of those songs.

I'll stick to my Jethro's greatest hits CD. It's actually pretty good!

Also, The Boss.... I lost a neighbor because I dissed the Boss. I said yea he's cool but his lyrics are soooo Frikn repetitive, I question the songwriter's intelligence. Has anybody counted how many times the Boss says " Born in the USA "? in that song. Also my neighbor is a Hillary hater and who did the Boss team up with in 2016? I haven't brought that up yet. I might just let it die...

Agree about the Boss...musically of course.

But you do make a very good point. A lot of artists nowadays will flaunt their political views in your face. I find that distracting and annoying...
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm glad I didn't watch it. I'd have a broken TV today. LOL.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Beatles

At Vegas this past December we watched Cirque du Soleil's "Beatles" - pure torture!!! At least it affirmed my indifference to the Beatles...
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I haven't bothered watching The Grammys since 1989 when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for Best Metal Album. :D
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I haven't bothered watching The Grammys since 1989 when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for Best Metal Album. :D

I remember that!!! Still protesting???
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Jethro Tull is no Metallica but they put on a great show. Had the pleasure of meeting when they came to town in the early 90's. I believe the steel monkey tour steel something tour....
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    verb wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    I liked Johnny Depp in a way. But after he mentioned assassinating a US president, one that's trying to better this Country, was over the top. Now I don't want to watch a single movie he stars in!
    He should've kept his Assinine Assassin thought to himself as far as I'm concerned. Sure, he can dislike the Pres. but these beheading and racist bull just takes it too far.

Yeah I'm with ya. Not that I'm a grammy awards regular viewer, more like never, but last night's viewership was the lowest ever!!! Hmmm...wonder why???

3 hours of a bunch of self-important egomaniacs kissing each others rear ends and telling each other how great they are - sprinkled with unfunny humor and for the most part horrible “musical” numbers.... what’s not to like?

I never understood why these people seem to want to advertise their political views. I’ll never forget my uncle growing up - he was a plumber and an avid Clinton supporter. I once asked him why he never talked about politics outside the house. His response was genius - “why would I risk alienating half of my customers just to talk politics?” Besides he said, “there are far better things to talk about.”

Amen
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    it sure was ;)
    I waited 'til the outro to turn Japanese (so to speak...).
    Thus the fun of a fully manual tt (without even a cue lever -- damped cueing is for sissies!)

No, I changed records -- I didn't have the stamina to listen to the title track :p

What you do when you're alone is your business.

BUT...adding the last part is just too much info. :D:p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mhardy6647
    "so to speak"... ;)