Petition for support of Larry, David and Hermitism....

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    (what led to this?) YAY
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    What did they allegedly do which got them banned? I would love to do my own investigative search but really dont have time...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    What did they allegedly do which got them banned? I would love to do my own investigative search but really dont have time...

I will PM you the details as the first thread with that info got removed, and I dont want that to happen to this one :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Yay
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Yay
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Late to the dance...
    Yay X 3
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    What did they get banned for? Saying a dirty word or something?

YAY!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    steveinaz wrote: »

YAY!

Sending you a PM :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Don't forget Jose.
    Yay.
    The word of the day.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Yay.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2018
    Polk doesn’t “profit” off of this site....it’s been discussed before about how little this forum steers “new customers” to Polk products. Even so, many of us who join the forum do so by unconventional means (not by purchasing direct from Polk). To expect that Polk should and would dedicate time, money and resources to patrolling a forum isn’t realistic. Additionally, they’ve asked, on MANY occasions (too many to count), for us to police ourselves.

Fact is, that in a comfortable setting we all sometimes revert back to locker room talk and machismo. We are gently reminded when that occurs in an effort to stop the rhetoric....sometimes it takes an escalation (as in a ban) for us to take a step back and realize that we were pushing the limits. So I don’t equate this case with many others that I have seen over the years.

This case however just seems punitive for no good reason. I recall the thread in question and it DID get uncomfortable with what was in the background....and people DID comment on it. There was some ribbing but to the best of my recollection, there was no name calling and nobody attacking the individual. There was no foul language (impossible on this site anyhow). And those are important distinctions to be made, especially considering the time lapse. This feels like smacking your kid for the milk they spilled 7 months ago - punishment certainly doesn’t fit the crime and I don’t recall any warnings being issued then or in the months leading up to yesterday.

I do hope POlk rescinds their ban on these three contributing assets to this forum; but I also hope that we can still police ourselves in a gentlemanly and respectful way that these incidents don’t continue.

Again, just my .02 but we are dangerously close I am afraid to this whole forum going bye bye and it may be easier for Polk to just pull the plug. Let’s not give them more reason to do so and see how this plays out......I am certain there are things going on behind the scenes that the majority (including me) don’t know about.

Whatever the case, it seems these bans are not permanent and the members will be allowed to return eventually if they choose to do so.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2018
    nbrowser wrote: »

YAY!

May I get a copy of that PM too please?

Me too. @EndersShadow
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    There are other benefits to a company aside from pure profits that assist it's financial standing.

The forum in general assists many of Polks customers to get the most out of Polk products. We also help troubleshoot, alleviating some strain on the customer service side. We do our best to be pro Polk audio, while at the same time have a knowledge base for those looking to step up. Many even after they've moved on, still have a Polk system in their home somewhere. There is inherit value to forums not always represented in profit and loss statements.

We also assist Polks customers with locating parts, repairing speakers to keep customers in the Polk family. In my view, asking the forum to police itself is like a teacher asking the students the same thing. A bit unrealistic in an internet age dontcha think ?

There is a "nature of the beast" in everything, online forums need supervision, that's it's nature of the beast. It's also a protection mechanism for a brand name which obviously every brand needs to protect. Leaving the inmates in charge of the prison to supervise themselves never works as intended.

We've had the best supervision over the years when a forum member was given some powers to delete posts, before escalating too far. Just my opinion there, and maybe we should return to that scenario. Both Kens wear many hats, this forum isn't their only job to police.

Given the new corporate tax structure too, they have a little more jingle in the pockets to at least dedicate one person, either inside HQ, or outside, to patrol their forums and protect their brand names exposed on a world wide web. Common sense to me....but hey, like I said....not my sandbox. Just offering suggestions is all, I'm a problem solver by nature.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    nbrowser wrote: »

YAY!

May I get a copy of that PM too please?
    Ditto, please.

Geez, you work one extra late tour and you miss all the interesting stuff.
    I gotta learn to sleep less...

YAY x3 anyway
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yay

And I agree with @tonyb, why don’t we have volunteer or paid moderators anymore? With all due respect, the two Kens obviously can’t keep, and every other forum I know of has moderators. Seems like pretty simple solution really...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Yay
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    WTH? Larry of all people. Jeeze. Yay
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
This discussion has been closed.