Show me your TT's !!!

verbverb Posts: 3,675
Hello everyone, thinking about getting back into the vinyl scene, as it has been a while. Right now, I only run CD's on my 2CH Rig. I do stream on the HT and other newer rigs in the house.

Been doing a little research, both vintage and new stuff, and as always there are a lot of different opinions out there.

I have to admit in full disclosure, my last TT long, long ago was a Technics Linear !!! Ugh. Let me have it, bring it on !!!

Just wanted to see what some of my esteemed fellow CP members are running out there.

Things I have been thinking about:
  • New or Vintage
  • Belt Drive or Direct
  • Manual or Automatic
  • Other gizmos, speed adjust, pitch, anti skip, etc.
  • MC or MM cartridge
  • Required Pre ( I currently have a Luxman pre, TP114 which has a phono out, MM?) most likely will get a dedicated phono pre, or eventually get a tube pre with phono outputs ( yes there are a bunch of enablers in CP) !!!
  • Power amp is a Carver M1.0t, but just acquired a TFM35X
  • Bling factor
  • Audio quality of course
  • Cost not sure yet, but my limit most likely would be less than 1 large, not including a new pre
  • Rebuilding my long lost LP collection (long story)
  • Jump into the rabbit hole or just dip my toes in ...
  • Etc.

Please advise. Post pics !!! Show me your TT's !!! Thanks !!!

Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,870
    The title alone makes this pose NSFW :D
  • verbverb Posts: 3,675
    FestYboy wrote: »
    The title alone makes this pose NSFW :D

Sorry @FestYboy. No offense intended !!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,870
    I just wish I had some worth showing... :#
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,359
    There're a few here -- nothing high end, though.
    A few folks on this forum have astonishing rekkid playing machinery. I am not one of them :(

This is the rekkid playa here in most routine use. It really deserves a better cartridge than the DL-103 that I have on it (but I like the DL-103 and I am fundamentally a cheap mo-f-o).

35863954672_f7f79f244a_b.jpgDSC_8876 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    A few folks on this forum have astonishing rekkid playing machinery. I am not one of them :(

This is the rekkid playa here in most routine use. It really deserves a better cartridge than the DL-103 that I have on it (but I like the DL-103 and I am fundamentally a cheap mo-f-o).

I thought about price a lot. AK always asks "how much you wanna spend?", and then proceed to let the OP really have it. CP is not that way, that's why I hang here. Thanks for the input !!!
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I just wish I had some worth showing... :#

Come on dude, I fessed that I ran a LINEAR TT !!! Give it up !!!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,499
    edited January 22
    This isn't the same one, but I remember our first turntable had a tonearm that looked like this. :o You had to spin that round part towards you to put the needle down on the record.

s8cff3ddl7f7.jpg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,279
    This is just like the one in my main system right now. 13.79 Goodwill find. I have a 160.00 Denon DL106 on it that I got from a member here on the Forum. :) .

iksqfa9cgb1p.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    This isn't the same one, but I remember our first turntable had a tonearm that looked like this. :o You had to spin that round part towards you to put the needle down on the record.

s8cff3ddl7f7.jpg

Definitely out of my price range !!!
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Whoa !!! Check out this pristine one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-Sony-2251-Turntable-w-Shure-SME-3009-Micro-Acoustics-MA-2002/352093633725?hash=item51fa6a7cbd:g:QfYAAOSw~rpZSWqy
    Tony M wrote: »
    This is just like the one in my main system right now. 13.79 Goodwill find. I have a 160.00 Denon DL106 on it that I got from a member here on the Forum. :) .

iksqfa9cgb1p.jpg

Nice find !!!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,499
    verb wrote: »
    Definitely out of my price range !!!

You saw the cowboys on the front and then you said "range". Subliminal turntable picture hypnosis. :p
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,902
    dy3qsnszwbps.jpg

Stop bragging, John.......punkazzbeech....
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,279
    edited January 23
    That wraps up this thread. Nothing more to see. :( :p B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,798
    I asked to see everyone's setups back in 2012, some good pics in there: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/138447/photos-of-my-turntables

I'll take a pic of my current setup soon and post it later this week.
    Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I asked to see everyone's setups back in 2012, some good pics in there: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/138447/photos-of-my-turntables

Cool. I must have searched hard enough ....
    Clipdat wrote: »

Nice read @Clipdat !!! Nice TT’s !!! I also like how you reigned in the discussion as it began to diverge into a vinyl vs MP3 debate !!!
    dy3qsnszwbps.jpg

dno869z05vvh.jpg

Help a newbie here !!! What is the brand/model of that piece of art ???
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,421
    edited January 23
    ^^^ You got half of the brand already Verb. It's John's Triangle Art TT. Definitely a work of art, and something to drool over (well, not 'over'...)

John will have to chime in on model, but IIRC it's more custom than anything close to "stock".
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,171
    verb wrote: »

Help a newbie here !!! What is the brand/model of that piece of art ???

Your instincts are good: It's the TriangleArt Reference SE that he's got in his signature.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 452
    I have nothing like some of the works of art or quality that other here do, but it suits my ears.
    Fully refurbished Dual 1237 with a vintage Ortofon.
    I run it into a ChiFi tube RIAA pre (12AX7s) that I have modified with better caps & such.

h5p61fkf5yzy.jpg
    ocup821q1zuk.jpg