Def Tech Powerfield 15

A buddy of mines wife put her foot down and told him to get it out of the living room...lol. I traded him one of my 8" Velos for WAF. This thing is sealed and puts out a lot of decent bass. I needed something bigger for nearly 4,000 cu/ft.yw7baygtdt45.jpg

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Wat!? No love for old school Def Tech boom booms?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I'm a fan. I had one years ago and it still lives at my aunt and uncle's house.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited January 2018
    Had a PF-1500 at one time. I thought it was great. Then I heard an SVS...
    Post edited by DaveHo on
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I ran a PF1800 with my 1.2tl's for years. It's now doing duty with my khorns where it's actually needed lol. For a while I used 2 1800's with my Polks and that set up actually had me thinking structural damage to the building. I think those old Powerfields are great sounding subs.
  • deronb1
    It really helps at lower volumes, which i listen to a lot.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I love my sealed subs. I also for some reason feel that multiple smaller subs 12's or 15's seem to attack better than larger subs (like 18's and 21's). Or at least the consumer subs I've heard.

I've heard and felt many good pro audio subs in the 21" range that attack quite nicely but I feel thats more because of the way they are built v consumer DIY drivers.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    I love my sealed subs. I also for some reason feel that multiple smaller subs 12's or 15's seem to attack better than larger subs (like 18's and 21's). Or at least the consumer subs I've heard.

I've heard and felt many good pro audio subs in the 21" range that attack quite nicely but I feel thats more because of the way they are built v consumer DIY drivers.

Perspective! This 15" looks huge as ive been running dual 8" for years.
  • EndersShadow
    deronb1 wrote: »

Perspective! This 15" looks huge as ive been running dual 8" for years.

hehehehehe...... well depends on how the 8's are setup and how deep you really need/want.

A pair of 8's in the right box for music only can do quite a bit. Ask them to hit 20hz and lower.... not so much..

I'm shocked on well the MicroPro 2k I have does, but its also got a passive so its like a ported 8". My room is also a bit small.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    The velos did ok. Had room correction. I can feel the bass more with tjis one.
  • EndersShadow
    Thats a good thing! We all know I like the bass.
  • deronb1
    You is a bassaholic fo sho