What is your all time favorite Wine?

13»

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mantis wrote: »
    The Big rack is awesome, where did you get it?

Amazon. If I ever retire then I will start drinking the wine, and stain the racks. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    BlueFox wrote: »

Amazon. If I ever retire then I will start drinking the wine, and stain the racks. :)
    I've "stained" a few "racks" after drinking.....nevermind.

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Hard pressed to decide between MD 20/20 and Cold Duck....
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    xschop wrote: »
    Hard pressed to decide between MD 20/20 and Cold Duck....

Not after a bottle or so of each...
  • xschop
    Lol. Just wasn't sure if Boonesfarm qualified as wine to include it.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    My wife's favorite wine " you never take me out to dinner"
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2018

Heh -- when I was a lad (N.B. the legal drinking age for beer and wine was 18 in those days!) we used to twist off the top of the occasional bottle of Boones Farm Country Kwencher.

I remember fishing one fine spring day in the Little Gunpowder Falls in a little deep spot near the (EDIT) Jericho Road covered bridge. We had put a bottle of the aforementioned libation in the stream to chill naturally in the fresh, cool rushing water -- but the water was rushing a little too freshly, and the bottle dislodged and disappeared into deeper, rocky water. We gave it up as lost (albeit not without deliberation). I wouldn't be too surprised if it were still there :|

cey1kdszcjk4.png

source: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-co-jericho-bridge-20150629-story.html

• xschop
    edited January 2018
    ^^^^ That looks like a Boones Farm label^^^^

Strawberry Hill right before woodshop. No indication of a buzz with yellow tinted safety goggles. The good ole days.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Heh -- when I was a lad (N.B. the legal drinking age for beer and wine was 18 in those days!) we used to twist off the top of the occasional bottle of Boones Farm Country Kwencher.

I remember fishing one fine spring day in the Little Gunpowder Falls in a little deep spot near the (EDIT) Jericho Road covered bridge. We had put a bottle of the aforementioned libation in the stream to chill naturally in the fresh, cool rushing water -- but the water was rushing a little too freshly, and the bottle dislodged and disappeared into deeper, rocky water. We gave it up as lost (albeit not without deliberation). I wouldn't be too surprised if it were still there :|

cey1kdszcjk4.png

source: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-co-jericho-bridge-20150629-story.html

My DNA is all over that bridge.....in the water too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

In DC it was 18, not in MD. I used to make a beer and cigarettes run on Friday night from Rockville to the stores right over the line in DC. That was in 68/69. Did MD lower the age after that. I was in the Navy after May 69.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    Yes, but don't ask me what year it's all a fog.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Mark, do you remember the Bottom Road bridge? I may or may not have hurled M-80's into the water off that bridge in the middle of the night. Boom, flash, splash......

th4e66fhybc2.jpg

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2018
    Yup.

I had a group of friends in high school who went to school at St. Paul's Kingsville (through 8th grade) and lived in that part of the world (which was pretty much the edge of civilization in the 1970s) -- we spent a lot of quality time up that-a-ways. Never did get arrested, but it was close a couple of times :| The funny thing was, that group was about 1/2 smart kids/class leadership and the other half, juvenile delinquents. We were good for each other, I think. :)

My old "stomping grounds" (as my father would say).

Still have a good friend living off Mountain Road, not all that far from there.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I got this for Christmas. I am told it's to die for.

7fpxga6v5bpt.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ghost in the bottle Jimbo
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    BlueFox wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    The Big rack is awesome, where did you get it?

I got my one rack today, thats dude I'm so in!!! Now I have a new thing to collect LOL.
    I'm probably gonna have to revisit my wire collection and start selling some more of that to pay for this new Hobby LOL.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.