Analog vs Digital

Options
gmg
gmg Posts: 22
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
I was doing my daily tweak to the system and for the first time since setup on the DVD player, I turned off the Digital. Put some music on and listened. WOW! I've been listening to 2 channel music through the coax cable. I am certain that I'll never listen to music any other way but through the analog cables. My RT55's seem to have grown up, wider and deeper. Just thought I'd start something, maybe? about the pros/cons of the analog/digital debate. Gordo
Post edited by gmg on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2002
    Options
    It is an interesting debate. I have listened both ways and they seem to both have pro and cons. It always made cents to me that because a CD is player is a Digital source that Digital connect is the way to go. But I have diffently found that some cd's sound better in analog. I remember that some cd's are recorded diffently. There were codes, refering to digital and analog conversions. I have Metallica on DVD-A running Dolby Digital and it sounds WAY better than any of my 500 cd's. ;)
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I think it has alot to do with your cd player vs. your reciever. A digital signal must be converted to analog to transmit to your speakers. If you listen with a digital hookup, your reciever does this....if it's analog, the cd player converted the signal before the reciever. If you have a poor CD player and good reciever, the digital may sound better, and vise versa.