Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• I'm fully convinced every fan in the NFL either dislikes Payton or just doesn't care one way or the other. N.O. fans are forced to drink the kool-aid so we should forgive them. Any objective observer of football has to think this guy embarrasses his team week in and week out. And he's ugly.

Golly, now i'm just being hurtful. :(
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Why all this contraversy about bad calls and missed calls? The NFL has sideline reviews, booth reviews, reviews by the Central Scrutinizer in NY, and coaches challenges. Everything should be perfect...seeing as every other play is reviewed so we get more commercials in!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm fully convinced every fan in the NFL either dislikes Payton or just doesn't care one way or the other. N.O. fans are forced to drink the kool-aid so we should forgive them. Any objective observer of football has to think this guy embarrasses his team week in and week out. And he's ugly.

Golly, now i'm just being hurtful. :(

That describes just about every coach in the NFL.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2018
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Why all this contraversy about bad calls and missed calls? The NFL has sideline reviews, booth reviews, reviews by the Central Scrutinizer in NY, and coaches challenges. Everything should be perfect...seeing as every other play is reviewed so we get more commercials in!

Pass interference or non-pass interference calls or non-call CANNOT be reviewed or challenged.

That IS where the BS biased feeling refs come into deciding the momentum of which team gets puffed up and charged up. And bad calls or non-calls will deflate the excitement and CRUSH hopes that should be joyous celebrations.

It seems some teams HAVE TO play harder to overcome BS refs and their opponents to win.

I think refs bet on who's going to win. If they bet 1000.00 on an underdog for say 2 to 1 odds, I could see them not calling a 35-yard defensive pass interference. Even if half the country and ALL the fans in the stadium saw it. It happened in the Vik. & Saints game! The no-call went in favor for the Vikings!

That call might have changed the momentum sooner. The Saints still had it in the pocket and that one guy BLEW it by trying to tackle with a body block tackle THAT DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH Diggs!

I just want fair games. I see holding on almost every play nowadays.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Don’t forget the non penalty on Diggs for throwing his helmet in the end zone and the lack of any excessive celebration call... I’m certain those missed penalties would have changed the outcome... insert rolling eyes here.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Don’t forget the non penalty on Diggs for throwing his helmet in the end zone and the lack of any excessive celebration call... I’m certain those missed penalties would have changed the outcome... insert rolling eyes here.

You're commenting on things that happened after the game was OVER. Go back and look at the clock....insert shaking head here.
  • nooshinjohn
    It all evens out in the end... there were at least 5 roughing the passer penalties and a couple more pass interference calls against the Saints that were missed in 09, which absolutely cost the Vikings an NFC Championship then.

Part of me thinks that to a certain extent, these games are as scripted by the league office as the WWE, and the ref’s job is to guide the outcome as much as possible.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    It all evens out in the end... there were at least 5 roughing the passer penalties and a couple more pass interference calls against the Saints that were missed in 09, which absolutely cost the Vikings an NFC Championship then.

Part of me thinks that to a certain extent, these games are as scripted by the league office as the WWE, and the ref’s job is to guide the outcome as much as possible.

I agree 100% with that. I've been telling my wife and people that certain cities have to win to keep the fans coming to the stadiums. NFL merchandise sales have alot of influence too. It seems to be getting obvious but I did say some teams loose by beating themselves like the Saints did in the end. No ref had to weigh in on that play. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Doubt you could say Brees purposely through that interception
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    You can’t, and he didn’t... I don’t mean to imply that I believe they really are doing it, but sometimes things do give the impression of being somewhat fishy.

• Viking64
    edited January 2018
    My new crossovers are Vikings colors. I may just have to bust out my Viking horn helmet and 50th Anniversary Vikings jersey this weekend.

njkn4hoeb8nt.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    I ordered a Stefon Diggs jersey for my son.

• txcoastal1
    But Thielen is the hometown boy
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    I have a signed #19 and a #5 already. Also one from Daute Cullpepper, and a sweatshirt with over 30 past players.

• Viking64
    I have a signed #19 and a #5 already. Also one from Daute Cullpepper, and a sweatshirt with over 30 past players.

I used to live a half mile from the stadium where Daunte Culpepper played for UCF. I used to work a quarter mile from the stadium where Percy Harvin played for Florida. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks for posting that.

• Tony M
    I'm ready to watch some officials call an honest game or two.

My wife might be able to stay in the same room this Sunday if they do. B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2018
    Well my grandson has had his Diggs Jersey for a couple of years now, matter of fact he was sporting it one day on while having lunch with a Polk member thanks for the lunch (Teekay), so hes not a new Diggs fan he has liked him a while. Our hunting cabin is north of Detroit Lakes where Thelien is from, and my uncle is in the same retirement home in Detroit Lakes that Adam Thelien's Grandfather is at. Skyler wore his Diggs Jersey to school today and got lots of compliments, and took some heat from the Packer fans but he said he liked all the attention. It's a big game sunday go Vikings!!! BTW im wearing my Robert Smith Jersey on sunday going old school.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    Mom will be next to me on the sofa again, and this time the brats are getting cooked.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    SKOL Chant at Mall of America rotunda on Thursday - 4000+ rabid Vikings fans!!

Bring It Home, VIKES!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7pINaR_fk
  • teekay0007
    SKOL Chant at Mall of America rotunda on Thursday - 4000+ rabid Vikings fans!!

Bring It Home, VIKES!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7pINaR_fk

• teekay0007
    Oops, sorry about the double post above...

...excited! :o

...no sleep! :#
  • txcoastal1
    edited January 2018
    Jax lost on penalties
    Congrats NE fans :s ...LOL

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Jax lost on penalties
    Congrats NE fans :s ...LOL

Jags were the better team out of the gate on both offensive and defense. It looked very bleak being a Pat's fan.

Then Goat finally wake up...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Mom will be next to me on the sofa again, and this time the brats are getting cooked.

Ready for it??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    Workers in Philadelphia are greasing light poles...because they know what happens when Philly teams lose :p:p:p

SKOL

ioilrzghdku1.png

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    I am not believing this game. Where are the Vikings?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus