RT2000P Radio thru subwoofers!

dracoskeeper
dracoskeeper Posts: 142
edited September 2013 in Troubleshooting
This is a weird one!!! I picked up some RT2000P's for my brother. I had them in my system for two days and they were perfect. I installed them at my brother home today and with all sources off you can hear what sounds like a radio signal from the subs only!!! The only way to get it to go away is to unplug the amps! Then as soon as you plug them up and use the subs the symptom is back... They did not have this problem at my home, so I theorize that some how his wiring is becoming an antenna! Anyone experienced this before????

Comments

• I just bought an old pair of RT2000P’s, and I’m having the same problem! And it’s only in the daisy-chained speaker, not the speaker that is getting the sub line level input from the receiver.

I’m stumped. Anyone else have this issue, and a possible fix?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Could be many different reasons. If your cables behind the stereo look like spaghetti, that might do it. Other cables should theoretically cross power cords at 90 degree angles.

Could be a bad cable elsewhere in your system too. Make sure all cables are of decent quality and connections tight.

Might be a grounding issue also. Take a piece of wire and attach it to a set screw on the speakers amp., then another set screw on the casing of another piece.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable