FS: Marantz PM8004 & SA8004 - One Of A Kind Custom Pair

Up for sale are my one of a kind pair Marantz PM8004 Integrated Amp & SA8004 SACD/CD Player. As they are a matching custom pair I am selling them together.

Both have Furutech FI-06 IEC'S installed.
Both have piano gloss black wooden side panels installed, which were only available from Japan. Read expensive.
Both have Marantz Reference series solid aluminum feet installed. Read expensive.
Both have custom silver function buttons. No small feat.
I added the silver Marantz star emblem to the PM8004 to match the one on the SA8004.
I added a piece of silver pin stripe tape to the volume knob to make easy to see the mark.

Included in the price are a brand new laser/frame assembly and a brand new tray belt because I plan for the future.

I have the original boxes, packing materials, remotes and power cords. Note, the power cords are crap and cannot be used with the Furutech IEC's anyway, but are yours if you want them.

The PM8004 is flawless. The SA8004 has 4 very faint circle marks on the top cover. I had the PM sitting on the SA and the marks are from the original junk feet. In normal light they are almost impossible to see. In very bright light you can see them sort of. Other than that the SA8004 is perfect. The remotes were only used once to program a universal, so mint. I always wore gloves when handling the PM & SA, so no finger prints or oils have every been on them.

These were in my office rig, which I just updated. I'd keep these if I had another place to use them because they look and sound so good, but I don't.

Both work perfectly, never a problem.

Price for both is $1700.00.
Shipping at cost.
Payment via PayPal or cash. Check, if I know you.
Local pickup or delivery possible in the Baltimore-Washington, Northern Virginia region.

24gtc9i2920w.jpg

9d0gwmqi9cbe.jpg

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    The stock units feature a two prong outlet, but you switched it to three? What is the ground pin connected to?

81fgtbZyW5L._SL1500_.jpg

marantz-B003R7KMTM-2-l.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2018
    The ground is not connected, nor should be.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Thanks for that clarification.

GLWS, I think these units define the very meaning word "clean".
    F1nut wrote: »
    The ground is not connected, nor should be.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Wow, sure wish I could.

Good luck, shouldn’t take long.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Very nice, the side panels are gorgeous!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Very nice pair...glws!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I almost stopped reading... when I kept reading “read expensive”, but I’m so glad I didn’t. Man, Jesse, you’ve really made and kept these beautiful! Someone is going to get a nice one of a kind system here at a great price.

GLWTS!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Mehh, they look "OK" I guess.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    JUST KIDDING! Did you make the side panels, or, were they available in the Japanese market? I'm thinking I'd like to do that for the SA-14. Classy.

Good luck with the sale, those are nice!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Reading the initial description, one would surmise that they were purchased from J-pan (the motherland).
  • F1nut
    Purchased from Japan. Impeccable craftsmanship.

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    They have wood planing competitions where top competitors are able to take clean strips of 5 microns !!! O.o
  • F1nut
    I forgot to mention the top cover of the SA8004 is lined with Dynamat Xtreme.

President of Club Polk

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Good lord those are beautiful!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Not wanting to muck up this Thread, but this Gear and about any pair of the Speakers and Wires For Sale here also, would make for a STELLAR System, at a VERY reasonable cost...just sayin'
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Rest assured gents, when Jess tricks out anything, it's top notch....better than new actually. Nice pieces here, grab 'em.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    So what did you update to?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2018
    afterburnt wrote: »

A pink Hello Kitty boom box, of course.

With a subwoofer output...Jesse likes to mod ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

How many do you need?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

I know of an odd image from the internet that would fit that sentence perfectly, but I better not post it here. :p
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892

I got one of those too, but it's just for looking at.
  • F1nut
    Saturday bump

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited January 2018
    Price drop to $1500.00 for the matched pair

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    750 views and these are still here?

The pictures don't really do them justice, but more importantly they sound wonderful.

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I must admit I've viewed this FS thread every time it gets a bump. I have no use for the PM 8004, but would love to have that SA8004, someone please buy this magnificent set of Marantz goodness. Bump to the top goes this thread.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    I could be made to be interested in the pm8004 if it was separate