Has anyone tried one if these multifunction cooker things?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    We got a instapot for Christmas and have been using it nonstop.

Also @ZLTFUL his wife uses one 24/7 as well
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Yes I have one, like the pressure cooking feature to cook meat faster, can also use as a rice cooker. I bought a cheaper one on sale at The Home Depot, works fine. YMMV.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    My wife uses it extensively. I use it occasionally. We both love it. Everything you would do in a Crock Pot in a fraction of the time and vastly better/more consistent results.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    My wife uses it extensively. I use it occasionally. We both love it. Everything you would do in a Crock Pot in a fraction of the time and vastly better/more consistent results.

Confirmed: That chili last night was awesome!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    lightman1 wrote: »

I bet they will be sorry they fed you that....
  • EndersShadow
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

I bet they will be sorry they fed you that....

Nah he won’t be there by the time it would be a problem lol....

He will be 20 feet up in the air in his bucket....... and it can be hosed down so he’s good :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Is the pot removable for cleaning ?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • EndersShadow
    thsmith wrote: »
    Is the pot removable for cleaning ?

In mine both the pot and the gasket that seals it can be removed for cleaning
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Q&A says it is
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I have neighbors who swear by it and tell me I should have one.

I also know people who swear at them and tell me that they are cheap junk.

YMMV.

I don't even own a crock pot let alone one of these so I can't tell you how well they work.

The only crock pots I've used were Jackie's and it was to keep stuff warm for a party or something.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Jstas wrote: »
    I have neighbors who swear by it and tell me I should have one.

I also know people who swear at them and tell me that they are cheap junk.

YMMV.

I don't even own a crock pot let alone one of these so I can't tell you how well they work.

The only crock pots I've used were Jackie's and it was to keep stuff warm for a party or something.

My .02 - our daughter got us a nice crock pot awhile back, and damn if that pork shoulder didn't come out great. Not as good as the "normal" way, but once the outside temps drop below freezing, I shelve my electric smoker anyway so this is a totally acceptable alternative.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/