Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• I would like to see Rams get the win tonight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I tried to see why the quote didn't separate, but didn't edit...that was a vanilla glitch :p:p:p

When in doubt, blame Vanilla. Good call. You will not be charged a timeout. :D
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I would like to see Rams get the win tonight.

It's there's to lose, their deeefense is better
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Been good defense from both teams so far.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Well, out of the 12 teams in the playoffs, the only 2 that I wanted to win got eliminated today. :p
  • Dilly dilly.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Looks like the Falcons will be going to the NFL championship game, that secondary was wicked last night. If that Falcon D plays like that against the Eagles next week they are in.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I heard a joke last night about why its been so cold lately. Its because hell is freezing over because the Vikings are heading to the Super Bowl. Lol. No offense purple and gold fans.
  • txcoastal1
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Defense wins championships, and Minnesota is pretty much first in all categories that count in that regard.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Jax got D, but if you can't put up a decent run on the board you can't win

I expect to see better football next weekend

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively

I watched that game and the refs definitely didn't call a lot of blatant penalties on the Saints that would've stopped their progress on numerous series! And I thought the Saints would have it easy. Man was I ever wrong! Carolina had a lot of team mistakes for sure but would they have had as many if they were blowing the Saints out of the water? I doubt it. Cam would've been a lot happier instead of low energy most of the game.

I said earlier in the season the refs were deciding the games sometimes it seemed. I hadn't seen too much ref BS the past few weeks and even the 3 games before Carolina Vs. Saints. But tonight, My blood pressure still feels high as can be. And I won 20.00 but I would rather see a FAIR GAME by the officials!

Good Grief, it was so obvious!

May next week games be officiated fairly!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Tony M wrote: »

May next week games be officiated fairly!

Good luck with that...

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    dromunds wrote: »
    I heard a joke last night about why its been so cold lately. Its because hell is freezing over because the Vikings are heading to the Super Bowl. Lol. No offense purple and gold fans.

Well, WE aren't in yet! In fact, we still have a great deal of work to do, likely it'll take beating the Saints and the Falcons. It would be nice though, since this could all be done AT HOME. I ain't sayin' nuthin' though, 'cuz I don't want to jinx it all! :o

What I got the BIGGEST kick out of, from the dromunds quote above, was that jeremymarcinko was one of the checkers of the 'LOL' icon following the thread entry..............................He's a major BROWNS fan!!!! He has no room to be LOL'ing about anybody and their absence from the Super Bowl! Now, that is funny stuff - LOL!

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I for one hope you can do it - how fortunate it would be for your fans to be able to attend the Super Bowl at home. That just doesn’t seem to happen to North teams. Of course, the baseball All-Star game was in Milwaukee awhile back and it was impossible to get tickets unless you could sacrifice your first born. I hope if you make it that there is some provision for season ticket holders at least to have dibs on some tickets by lottery or something, at a reasonable face value. I know when our team has gone to the SB the tickets were very expensive but most of the cost was travel and lodging both of which are jacked up by the mercantile predators. Anyway, you earned the bye which helps a lot to heal up and should be a couple of good weekends coming up and good luck.
  • 9tcd8xyxora8.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • teekay0007 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »

Well, WE aren't in yet! In fact, we still have a great deal of work to do, likely it'll take beating the Saints and the Falcons. It would be nice though, since this could all be done AT HOME. I ain't sayin' nuthin' though, 'cuz I don't want to jinx it all! :o

What I got the BIGGEST kick out of, from the dromunds quote above, was that jeremymarcinko was one of the checkers of the 'LOL' icon following the thread entry..............................He's a major BROWNS fan!!!! He has no room to be LOL'ing about anybody and their absence from the Super Bowl! Now, that is funny stuff - LOL!

I’ll determine what I can and can’t laugh at, thank you...but for your information, what I found humorous was hell freezing over as the reason it’s been so cold recently. That’s funny.
    0h4046glhlsj.jpeg
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    This College Final being played in 20 min. is almost 50/50 with Alabama favored by 4 points. It should be a good one!
  • Man I thought Mayhem would at least make it to the Super Bowl before he broke his new year resolution.
  • Alright I’m not staying up for OT. Congrats to the winners. Hopefully GA...
  • Tony M
    Got to hand it to Alabama.

Just like the Saints, the refs. helped but just a time or two. I feel the Dawgs chocked in overtime and in the end of the 4th quarter. They could've, shoud've put some more points between them. They failed to...they lost in the end. But it was fun and entertaining for the most part! B)

The facemask by the Georgia corner might have cost them the game. It takes a team but when every foot matters, DON'T TACKLE A GUY BY HIS Fricken FACE-MASK! :s

That quarterback for Georgia choked at the end of the 4th quarter too. :(
  • Here come the squealers.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    43sc1ykj63qe.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Drew Brees looks impressive..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    edited January 2018
    The Vikings are playing with the intensity of a team that will win the Super Bowl. I haven't seen that to this degree so far this weekend.
  • txcoastal1
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The Vikings are playing with the intensity of a team that will win the Super Bowl.

And they have the D to hurt Brady and cause him to make mistakes
    Remember Brady didn't look good against the Dolphins

• Viking64
    You said "D". LOLOLOLOLOL :p
  • txcoastal1
    Viking64 wrote: »
    You said "D". LOLOLOLOLOL :p

But I didn't say DD

• Viking64
    But I didn't say DD

Yeah, that was in another thread. :D