For all you vinyl aficionados out there

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
And closet Lawrence Welk fans. 1950 Dodge. Tube pre-amp?
bb3wd67nafks.jpg
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "And a one and a two and a skip..."
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I rather prefer leather to vinyl...umm... wait... sorry, wrong topic.

• Viking64
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I rather prefer leather to vinyl...umm... wait... sorry, wrong topic.
    Why not have both?

dsnjb4sx8lpm.jpg
    ynx4bhi752jr.jpg

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2018
    I was thinking more along the RT lines...
    "And I've seen you on the corners and cafes, it seems.
    Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme."
    And he pulled her on behind
    And down to Boxhill
    They did ride.

https://youtu.be/j0kJdrfzjAg
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2018
    oh by the way -- aficionado is on my (fairly short, thankfully) list of words that can 100% of the time never, ever spell correctly without checking first.

As to Larry and his Dodge record player -- bizarrely enough, I have in the basement a copy of the original magazine which featured that photo on the cover. I think (?!?) it's Radio Electronics. I can go dig it out if anyone's actually interested. :p

EDIT: oh, and I reckon "1950" was a typo in the original post, and that the OP meant to type 1950s. That Dodge'm is about a 1957, judging by the dashboard.

EDIT: looks like a '55(?)

9jbn2qig4ror.png

bb3wd67nafks.jpg
  • verb
    I did use spellcheck !!! LoL !!!

Thanks for the clarification on the year, but yes 1950ish.

BTW I'm a Chevy guy, check out my baby:

m9eenweu5suv.jpg
    tieaxpr2vjjp.jpg

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Gorgeous -- that model, with the eyebrow tail fins, was always my favorite!
    Is that about a '59?

• Viking64
    Is that about a '59?
    Yes. Exactly. 1959

• verb
    Is that about a '59?

Yep. 1959 Bel Air. @viking64 & @mhardy6647 gets to cruise with with me if ever in SE Michgan !!! Dad had a 60 (1st car I remember) so restoring this beauty really brought it home for me.
  • Viking64
    verb wrote: »
    Yep. 1959 Bel Air. @viking64 & @mhardy6647 gets to cruise with with me if ever in SE Michgan !!! Dad had a 60 (1st car I remember) so restoring this beauty really brought it home for me.

We had a '59 Chevy when I was a child. My father kept it for a while after it was no longer a daily driver, and I recall the cat-eye taillights back when I was in first grade or thereabouts. So, yeah, my username is a clue to my date of birth. :p
  • verb
    I guess I should've made my username verb62 !!!
    Viking64 wrote: »

We had a '59 Chevy when I was a child. My father kept it for a while after it was no longer a daily driver, and I recall the cat-eye taillights back when I was in first grade or thereabouts. So, yeah, my username is a clue to my date of birth. :p

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    One of my friends had a 67 Chevy II with one of those all metal dashboards.
    Slamming on the brakes unexpectedly with wearing only a lap belt gives one a red forehead. Possibly a concussion.

Not a mark on the dash, though.
    Unless you count grease spots.
    I disabled signatures.
  • verb
    Ahhh 67 Chevy II !!! Beautiful car. I believe it was around 1967 that congress mandated seat belts.

The 59 doesn't have any. Don't take in the highway much !!! Just cruise around town !!!
  • Viking64
    Ahhh 67 Chevy II !!! Beautiful car. I believe it was around 1967 that congress mandated seat belts.

The 59 doesn't have any. Don't take in the highway much !!! Just cruise around town !!!

1968 was the first model year that required seat belts, collapsible steering wheels, and side marker lights.
  • verb
    Thanks for the clarification @viking64 !!!

The 59 doesn't have any of them.
    Interestingly, IIHS celebrated their 50th anniversary by comparing the collision performance between a 59 chevy and a 2009 malibu. Bottom line the malibu driver walked away, and the 59 driver, well, did not fare so well.

I cringe every time I watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited January 2018
    I had to look at some photos; for some reason once I saw 67, I started thinking it was really a 66. I think it was the 66. And the floors were rusted out when he first got it.

He took a carload of us all to the beach one day, as 16yr olds do, and one guy didn't get the warning about not standing up. So he stood up in the back to get out and his foot went almost all the way through. The floor mat plugged up the hole pretty well. Reactions of both the guy and my friend were priceless.

He later ordered some replacement panels from JC Whitney, or something, and fixed it up. Shortly after, he was backing down his parents driveway to move the car a short distance quickly to make some space. The driver's door was open, and the bottom corner of the door caught the lawn, dug in, and snapped the hinges and door right off.

Lots of funny stories in that car...

I disabled signatures.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Look how much rust flake pours out of the '59.
    Beautiful car.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/